Can I record an external mic ?

AndyCapets

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Hello!

So, this is my first ever post, and I want to know something.
So, I have an Audio Technice ATR3350 microphone and I want to record with it on my phone. I have an app, Voice Recorder Pro+, and I haven't tried it out for the moment cause I gave it to a friend for a week
Can someone confirm me that if I record with my phone, and that the phone (or app in this situation) won't pick up the sound from the internal mic of the phone and record the mic connected to the 3.5mm jack ?
Thanks in advance guys!

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I haven't tried anything like that but I am pretty certain you cant connect a mic to the phone with 3.5mm jack. How do you plan to do it?

I have tried recording audio from my home theatre with the internal mic and it works a treat.

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Honestly that's such a brilliant idea and yet I never ever thought about it, but since the 3.5mm is both input and output the theory is yes it should record with only the external mic.

Bob Brooker

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone had any luck with this? I bought a splitter cable but can't to get it to work. Even if the splitter cable was wired incorrectly for the socket you would expect that just plugging the jack in would turn off the internal mics, but it doesn't. I've searched everywhere on the net to try and find someone who has actually managed to get an external microphone (connected through the jack) to work on a Windows phone but so far I can't find anyone so perhaps it is not possible? My phone is a Lumia 1020.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss