Should I replace my Nokia?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Not able to get a replaced device from Nokia!

Hi. I bought a Lumia 1020 in the month of March. My phone's battery was very poor and it had the well known overheating problem. Also the screen had patches which could only be seen in low light. I submitted it to Nokia Care in Bangalore and got it repaired. I used it for 2 months and one evening, screen went blank. I re-submitted it to Nokia Care and they repaired it, not to my satisfaction. I asked for a replacement and refused to take the phone back.
Its been a month now. After quite a few annoying conversations with customer care, now they are offering me to replace the motherboard and not the device as whole. Do we get a fresh device as a replacement ever? What should I do? What if I take and after few days the problem come again? I'll have to go through the entire frustrating process again. Suggestions would be helpful.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Not able to get a replaced device from Nokia!

My friends got their old devices replaced, but they had problems which Nokia care centre wasn't able to fix, hence they got new phones.

If they are able to fix your phone, there's no chance they'll replace it. If your phone's in warranty & if they are ready to repair it, I say get it repaired. If any problem arises again, you can always visit it, again.

Just my opinion, choice is yours

Sent from my dark knight 1320

Mellifluous

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Re: Not able to get a replaced device from Nokia!

Get it repaired one more time and ensure you keep the repair receipts. If something else goes wrong, return it to the place you bought it from and ask for a replacement.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven