It's under Settings > Lock Screen. Turning it on and off doesn't seem to have any effect on my lock screen.
    11-20-2014 12:17 AM
    I presume you are on WP 8.1 now right? If you are then you should know that a lot of users have had issues with this. It works for some and it doesn't for others. Kind of hit and miss. MS is working on it.. Some have said that by manually adding the necessary tags via windows media player the xbox music app on the phone will recognize it and this will help with getting the artist on lockscreen.. Or you could buy your songs via the xbox music store, since those are definitely "legal" the album art etc should show up on screen
    11-20-2014 12:33 AM
    Yes I'm on WP8.1. So it is a bug then? My music are properly tagged, though I didn't buy them from Xbox since Xbox isn't available here. But album art and all metadata is properly written from the store where I bought them, songs are categorized neatly in the app even XBM can show the embedded album art, album, genre, etc, everything works except the lock screen.
    11-20-2014 02:37 AM
    mine doesnt work too

but what the heck...im sure if it does, it will run in the background and eat more of my battery...so its okay for not having it
    11-20-2014 04:44 AM
    mine doesnt work too

but what the heck...im sure if it does, it will run in the background and eat more of my battery...so its okay for not having it
    Lol you have a point there
    11-20-2014 05:57 AM
    Lol you have a point there
    I think mostly music bought via the xbox store will display the album art now.. MS says they're trying to fix it............................................
    11-20-2014 12:00 PM
    Mine works if I switch off "Show artists on lock screen" and then switch it on, every time I have to listen to music :(
    ven07 and ajcletus500 like this.
    11-20-2014 12:09 PM
    Mine works if I switch off "Show artists on lock screen" and then switch it on, every time I have to listen to music :(
    I'll try that :) thanks
    11-20-2014 12:13 PM
    I think mostly music bought via the xbox store will display the album art now.. MS says they're trying to fix it............................................
    Album art works fine here, XBM shows them without any trouble, the problem is the lock screen only, that's why I'm confused 😖...
    11-21-2014 07:12 AM
    Also you don't have any other app utilizing your lock screen? For example live lock screen beta.
    11-21-2014 07:29 AM
    Also you don't have any other app utilizing your lock screen? For example live lock screen beta.
    Nope, just Bing.
    11-21-2014 09:35 AM
    Nope, just Bing.
    Remove Bing and check if it helps.. it did for me
    11-22-2014 11:20 AM
    Remove Bing and check if it helps.. it did for me
    Doesnt work either, maybe thats due the fact that Xbox Services isnt available here 😩..
    11-28-2014 08:11 AM
    That is possible.
    11-28-2014 08:35 AM
    Doesnt work either, maybe thats due the fact that Xbox Services isnt available here ..
    I would not say this has anything to do with Xbox services being available or not. Simply because I live outside of the US and before 8.1 my album art would display properly on my lockscreen. I had a friend who was still on wp8.0 and the artists would still show up on her device. The team responsible for this app has a long way to go... All we can do is hope that this will be fixed with a future update, but for now it seems the album art will only be displayed if your music was originally bought from the xbox store
    12-03-2014 05:28 PM
    The lock screen artist image is tied to the old native music hub that we have back in WP8.0.

In 8.0, whenever the music hub shows the artist image within the app, the lock screen shows the same image. So all you have to do is to download Music Hub Tile to access the old music hub and play all artists on it to manually force it to download the artist images.

And the last step is to turn off and turn on the "show artist image" option in the lock screen settings. Remember to repeat the last step everytime you restart your phone, because it stop showing the artist image after a reboot.
    ven07 and Marcos Buccella like this.
    12-03-2014 06:05 PM
    The lock screen artist image is tied to the old native music hub that we have back in WP8.0.

In 8.0, whenever the music hub shows the artist image within the app, the lock screen shows the same image. So all you have to do is to download Music Hub Tile to access the old music hub and play all artists on it to manually force it to download the artist images.

And the last step is to turn off and turn on the "show artist image" option in the lock screen settings. Remember to repeat the last step everytime you restart your phone, because it stop showing the artist image after a reboot.
    I will try that after work :D Hope it works
    12-03-2014 08:43 PM