Can I switch main Microsoft account on my Lumia 920, without deleting all the apps?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

So got a new Lumia 830 and want my old 920 to be a "home phone". On the 920 I have an app that works with my home security system, that has been discontinued in the Store, Link:
http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/alarm-net/619fb42c-85ce-492f-aacf-422a212443ed

Now, how can I get my home phone Microsoft account onto my 920, and still keep this app? If I do a factory reset, and wipe it clean, the app will disappear, I guess.

Many thanks

A Gar

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi ven07, My question originally, but I didn't log in to post. Sorry for the confusion.

You are right, the app is tied to my account, but the phone wants to try to download it again from the store if put to factory reset. As the app is discontinued in the store ( see link above), it can't be downloaded again. However, the app works great on the phone. So how do I save an app from the phone? Maybe that is a better question?

Thanks

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi ven07, My question originally, but I didn't log in to post. Sorry for the confusion.

You are right, the app is tied to my account, but the phone wants to try to download it again from the store if put to factory reset. As the app is discontinued in the store ( see link above), it can't be downloaded again. However, the app works great on the phone. So how do I save an app from the phone? Maybe that is a better question?

Thanks

Lol yes that is a better question! I guess you could manually install it? It is described in this thread http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...stalling-apps-manually-nokia-lumia-920-a.html

See the answer by the user Topherious

A Gar

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Hmm, yes that might work for an app still available in the store. To get the xap the app need to be in the store, and also Topherious points out that the app still needs to be available in the store for the Store app to install it, even locally. And in my case the app isn't available, so it will not work.

How do I get an app backed up, that is not available in the store?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Hmm, yes that might work for an app still available in the store. To get the xap the app need to be in the store, and also Topherious points out that the app still needs to be available in the store for the Store app to install it, even locally. And in my case the app isn't available, so it will not work.

How do I get an app backed up, that is not available in the store?

I was trying to let you down easy with that answer :p I don't think it's possible..

However...

You could potentially dive into you purchase history via windowsphone.com and search for the app there, once you have it check if the option for a manual download is still available, download it to your laptop/pc and try to reverse engineer it using visual studio? Not sure if that'll work tho

A Gar

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi, thank you for your help, but it's no good. The app isn't available any more, and I think that is that. I just need to wait for Honeywell to release it properly on WP.

Cheers

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi, thank you for your help, but it's no good. The app isn't available any more, and I think that is that. I just need to wait for Honeywell to release it properly on WP.

Cheers

Mailing them could definitely help.. There might be other users here that wish to have the app as well

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs