Why doesn't the Find My Phone refresh work?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Find My Phone Refresh Doesn't Work.

Can someone clarify something for me about Find My Phone for Windows Phone 7. Is the location of your phone only saved every 6 hours automatically and is this the only location information you can get. I thought it was possible to click on refresh on the web page and it would give you the current location of your phone any time you wanted to find it.

It seems that my phones location is only updated every 6 hours but I want to be able to find it any time that I want to. If I click refresh on the web site it asks me to confirm my phone number and authorise microsoft to send SMS messages to it. When i agree to this it does nothing and the location of my phone is not updated.

If I lose my phone I dont want to have to wait hours for it to automatically update on the web site.

I have both options enabled under Setting -> Find My Phone. I enabled the push notifications and the automatic update options.

The only thing that works for me is the automatic update every few hours, I am in the UK so should I not also be able to do manual updates.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss