Is the 830 faster at taking pics then the iPhone6?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

830 vs iphone6: Out of pocket picture shot time

Does the physical camera button allow the 830 to take a faster pic coming out of the pocket compared to iphone 6?

Thanks

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: 830 vs iphone6: Out of pocket picture shot time

It allows you to start launching the camera before the phone comes out of your pocket. I don't know how fast it is, but it is fastest with the accidental press option turned off.
Reach in, press the camera button until the vibrate is felt, the phone will go to camera as you lift it up and voila.

On the iPhone, you press a button (power or home) and swipe up from the lockscreen in a specific area. (after you take it out of your pocket) Can it be done in your pocket? Yup, albeit not as easy. But iOS does launch the camera almost instantly in my experience.

I cant make a definitive call since I don't know how fast or slow the 830 is in launching the camera. The normal MS Camera is pretty darn speedy. The default Lumia Camera might be longer.

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: 830 vs iphone6: Out of pocket picture shot time

Here's my non-scientific test. Pressing iPhone6 Home button, sliding up screen while touching camera icon, take a picture ----- about 4 sec.
Pressing 830 Camera button to activate camera, take a picture ------- about 6 sec. (Lumia Camera app). Both phones screen locked before doing this.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes