How do I stop my Lumia 1520 resuming to start screen?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

How to stop Lumia 1520 resuming to start screen

Hope you can help. I have a Nokia Lumia 1520 which in the last couple of days has starting showing a 'resuming...' black screen when I turn the phone on before loading the start screen. I've tried turning the phone on and off, my phone has over 2gb of free memory, and I'm not part of the developer preview. I'm from the UK, and am running wp 8.1 (not denim).

Its a pesky problem that's starting to annoy me. Does anyone know how to fix this so the start screen loads instantly? Let me know if you need any extra info.

Killer BIGxyz

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Hope you can help. I have a Nokia Lumia 1520 which in the last couple of days has starting showing a 'resuming...' black screen when I turn the phone on before loading the start screen. I've tried turning the phone on and off, my phone has over 2gb of free memory, and I'm not part of the developer preview. I'm from the UK, and am running wp 8.1 (not denim).

Its a pesky problem that's starting to annoy me. Does anyone know how to fix this so the start screen loads instantly? Let me know if you need any extra info.

Try turning on, then off: Kids corner

I don't know if you tried the live lock screen app, but that causes that problem

Marcos Buccella

May 31, 2014
Visit site
Re: How to stop Lumia 1520 resuming to start screen

Try this: Install Tetra Lockscreen, set it as the lockscreen, restart the phone, deregister Tetra and restart the phone again. This helped me with that

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Hmmm.. I'll just live with it then, because way too many apps don't backup their settings. Don't want to set everything up from scratch again. Thanks for the response though.

do the other suggestions before considering a hard reset!
this is something that's super common with people who uninstall a lockscreen app without disabling it first.
Enabling kid's corner will clean out what's causing the resuming. (and its on everyone's phone)
Then you can disable it again.

SpinkyMinky

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site

Just to say, I was the one who orginally posted this. Thanks for the reply Killer, this fixed the problem. You are right that it was the live lock screen issue, and enabling/disabling Kid's Corner fixed it. So for those with a similar problem, do this before resetting the phone!

Killer BIGxyz

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

Just to say, I was the one who orginally posted this. Thanks for the reply Killer, this fixed the problem. You are right that it was the live lock screen issue, and enabling/disabling Kid's Corner fixed it. So for those with a similar problem, do this before resetting the phone!

No problem dude!

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

this is something that's super common with people who uninstall a lockscreen app without disabling it first.
Enabling kid's corner will clean out what's causing the resuming. (and its on everyone's phone)
Old thread, but just for completeness, unfortunately this wasn't the issue on mine. I had long ago done that fix after uninstalling tetra, but I tried it again anyway. No luck, I'm still getting a one-second resume once in a while. Thanks for the reminder about that fix though!

Napoleon Bueze Igwe

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb