Surface tablet wont shut down?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Every time I action my surface to shut down, it shuts down then a few seconds later my tablet comes back on. It takes about 30 times of me closing it down before it actually stays shut down. Also, when I switch on my surface I have o bold down the on button for 30seconds, or my tablet wont come on. I'm confused, can anyone help?

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Hit it with a hammer.

But in all seriousness, which surface is this ? SP3, or S2? It might be in the process of downloading an update, or it might need to be updated.

Ozzy1320

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Check your power settings either at the control panel or the or pc settings via the charms bar and if I'm not mistaken I did read somewhere that shutdown was defaulted to a special highbryd sleep state, either your screen keyboard or something is interrupting that mode turning back on your system and as stated by Onysi downloads, updates even backup processes might be the cause of it. And yes if you want help please be specific of the device in question. otherwise help and how to on the MS support site is better suited to levy or come to some kind of solution for the issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99