How can I get contacts off my Lumia 520 address book onto my Mac (or a PC)?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

The Windows Phone app astonishingly doesn't even let you see stuff other than photos, videos, etc. The MyPhone website shows you your contacts, but only at some point in the past and there's no button/feature to tell it to access my phone (which is plugged in via USB cable) to refresh the contact list, though there are endless features to import from twitter, facebook, etc.

I've broken the display on the phone and will need to replace it. And I'll want to move my contacts to the new phone. The old phone lights up and I can see what WIndowsPhone app allows me to see, but anything requiring use of the touchscreen is impossible.

Anyone know of a way to do this.

Thanks

Aaron Yawn

May 2, 2013
Visit site
So this may or may not help. When you created an MS account your contacts should have started syncing unless you chose to use a separate list(I.e. Google). All of your contact should therefore be on outlook.com or wherever you were saving them to when you setup the phone.

Fbiznot Theanswer

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion, but these contacts have been typed into the phone by me over the past year and a half; they aren't in Outlook or anywhere else. They were supposed to be on the PEOPLE tab on MYPhone, but it seems to be out of date and doesn't seem to allow one to re-synch it with the physical phone's current address book.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss