OS Updates!!!

pedmar007

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
How is it that I'm constantly seeing carriers talking about carrying out tests on updates for these mobile devices. Yet when Apple sends out their updates it's an instant action, no issues nothing. If you're telling me that the reasons are due to the carriers' staff being bombarded with ?s is a joke since no one to my knowledge at any of these carriers work for Apple. So who answers those issues or are there no issues ever recorded that there's no need to have testing before releasing any updates for Apple users. So the reasoning behind why AT&T, Verizon,Sprint etc tell us about testing is a joke plain and simple.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Consider the number of active Android handset models eligible for update... Consider the number of active Windows Phone models eligible for update... Consider the very small number of active iPhone models eligible for update... So that would be most to least models getting an update. (Android > WP > iPhone)

Then consider the lockdown Apple has always had on their devices. Carriers are necessarily less involved due to Apple's business model.

Why Do Carriers Delay Updates for Android But Not iPhone?

I've been pretty happy with the pace of updates on Windows Phone, but more especially the very high percentage of models getting the update. Check out the other OS forums. Kvetching about updates is universal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro