Should I setup Windows 10?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: Should I setup Windows 10

From Microsoft: "Download and install the preview only if you

Want to try out software that?s still in development and like sharing your opinion about it.

Don?t mind lots of updates or a UI design that might change significantly over time.

Really know your way around a PC and feel comfortable troubleshooting problems, backing up data, formatting a hard drive, installing an operating system from scratch, or restoring your old one if necessary.

Know what an ISO file is and how to use it.

Aren't installing it on your everyday computer.

We're not kidding about the expert thing. So if you think BIOS is a new plant-based fuel, Tech Preview may not be right for you."
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-faq#faq=tab0
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 via Tapatalk

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
If you don't know much about Windows, don't install it.
If you are running Windows XP, don't install it.
If you have no idea about Windows 8.x don't install it.

plot_almighty

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
To add to Microsoft's statement posted above, the preview is for IT professionals first and foremost. If you don't know how to do a clean install of Windows, create and revert back to a Restore Point, back up save your files to local or cloud media, or have any less than intermediate knowledge of computer repair, then no, don't install Windows 10. As it is right now, Windows 10 is absolutely not for everday use for regular computer users.

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I have Windows 8.1 it's fast and good for me but I don't know it's right to upgrade to 10

Why would you want to upgrade to a preview buggy alpha/beta release? you should at least wait for next year for the consumer preview, if you want to try it, but I think it's risky and not worth it.
Windows 10 has nice new things, but if you are on Windows 8.1, then there is no reason to force your computer and yourself to lose information, to reinstall Windows if it stops working at all.
You could use a virtual machine and test it that way, it's nice, but not worth it the effort of installing it and getting many bugs that comes with it.
I think for the moment, it's easier to wait for a consumer preview or even RTM and only install add-ons to Windows 8.1, you know, to get shadows and start menu, and windowed apps, and also to get multi desktop support. because this windows 10 preview is basically that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb