Lumia 620 touch is tooo sensitive

gooeyphlegm

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi, my question is about the sensitivity of touch screen with lumia devices. I frequently witness that my device's screen is doing some kind of twitch mostly when my hands are sweaty or when a very small amount of water droplets hits the screen like when its raining. The screen then becomes unresponsive specially the home, back and search buttons and the only way to make it function again is by locking and unlocking the screen. Is this just normal? Cause i find my screen too sensitive. I know that this device has the supersensitive touch technology but iam quite not sure if that is the cause of the twitching and jumpy display.

This phone is already out of warranty, are there any solutions i can do for this kind of problem? Do i have to replace its digitizer with a new one? If so, is it advisable to buy one from chinese ebay sellers?

anon9169769

Banned
Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Just make sure you clean the screen regularly. I do with mine. Once a day is enough. All the natural grease on your hands will soon register with the phone as a touch. Personally I use a baby wipe then a kitchen towel to clean the whole phone. Makes all the difference

gooeyphlegm

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
Does this happen to you too? I clean mine regularly with a microfiber cloth but because i have this hyperhydrosis i would always get my screen greasy. The twitch initially occurs when my hands would sweat while swiping the screen.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I suspect its the extra sweat being left as you move your finger and registering on the display. I've had my 920 be touched by drops of water and cables I have on my desk.

I don't consider it as out-of-the-ordinary, I would try to keep it as dry as you can. And maybe invest in a screen protector, although I can't say it will help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon