Besides screen mirroring, is there the ability to cast netflix on my smart TV from a Windows Phone?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

On my Android phone running KitKat, (after I've turned on the TV) I can open up the Netflix app and cast any program directly to my smart TV. Then I can control the Netflix App, by pausing, rewinding, fast forwarding, etc. Is there anything like this for WP8.1? I really want to get the HTC M8 for Windows, but I love this feature on Android.

PS: I bought a Lumia Icon running WP8, and was disappointed that I can't do this on the Icon. I'm hoping that something changed in WP8.1

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
On my Android phone running KitKat, (after I've turned on the TV) I can open up the Netflix app and cast any program directly to my smart TV. Then I can control the Netflix App, by pausing, rewinding, fast forwarding, etc. Is there anything like this for WP8.1? I really want to get the HTC M8 for Windows, but I love this feature on Android.

PS: I bought a Lumia Icon running WP8, and was disappointed that I can't do this on the Icon. I'm hoping that something changed in WP8.1

I don't quite seem to understand your question? You want to "cast" Netflix to your Smart TV but not screen mirror it?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs