Anyone else having problems with Here Drive +?

stocktiki

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Hello. Having some major problems with Here Drive +. I'm running it on my new L 830 with Denim and 8.1 and my wife runs it on a L 810 on 8.0. But the problems are the same in Southern California USA:

1. Navigation freezes. It will tell you to make a turn, for instance, and will freeze there and not give you the next direction.

2. Poor pinpointing of location. The GPS tracking is off -- and will change it's mind about where your car is. That's a big problems because it thinks you're on a sidestreet, not the freeway, and recalculates.

Is Nokia planning to update/fix this app anymore. Are there any alternative for voice turn-by-turn?

Thanks!

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
About to put here drive through its paces tomorrow in Christchurch New Zealand on a 930 running cyan. Will let you know.

Does your device freeze on other tasks?

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

stocktiki

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
No. It's only Here Drive+ that's freezing. Check out the recent reviews on the Windows Phone App store. Seems like other people are complaining of freezes. This is a big problem. Is there a reliable voice turn-by-turn navigator available for WP?

CJ Johnson1

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I am having same problems and more. I have to enter destination several times. It seems it has to reboot all the time. I loved this app before 8.1.
Now its junk. I took some advice and deleted the app with the intent of reinstalling. Now I cannot find it in the app store.

As a sidebar, I was using waze, then after the 8.1 update, It started acing up alo.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
No. It's only Here Drive+ that's freezing. Check out the recent reviews on the Windows Phone App store. Seems like other people are complaining of freezes. This is a big problem. Is there a reliable voice turn-by-turn navigator available for WP?

I have been using copilot and it works well for me but its not free but there are many more options here drive + but again they are in app purchases which I have got all of them.
Take a look at it you may like it I believe they have a trial version. I using it on a Lumia 822 in the U.S..

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Just used Here Drive+ with my 1020 w/ DP and Cyan over the weekend on a roadtrip, and I had no issues whatsoever. Maybe besides the atypical slightly out-of-date GPS maps ;P

DrewT3

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Here Drive+ has always made my 920 run hot - it can barely keep a charge while plugged in when I use it. But recently it crashes after a minute or two of navigating. It has become unusable.

Matthew Blair

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Yep. Here Drive has shafted every single time I needed it. Freezing, telling me to go the obvious wrong direction, dropped signal. I live in New Jersey and have all the maps downloaded on my phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon