Does the Nokia Lumia 1520 work with Cricket if it's unlocked?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Does The Nokia lumina 1520 work with Cricket if it's unlocked

Will the phone work with cricket since they use gsm now

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Does The Nokia lumina 1520 work with Cricket if it's unlocked

If it is an AT&T 1520 (RM-940) it will work on Cricket even without an unlock (according to user posts I've seen) because Cricket is now using AT&T towers. That matches my experience with other AT&T branded phones. I have seen them work without unlock on AT&T resellers. An unlock won't hurt anything.

If it is the 1520.3 (RM-938, the Latin America country variant) it is already unlocked. It will work as well because it has all the right frequencies and bands on the radios to work on AT&T towers.

chris722

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site

Should not be an issue. From what I can tell the 1520 is not compatible with t-mobile's network and is exclusive to AT&T, unless that has changed. Worst case you'll need to get a SIM from Cricket.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Should not be an issue. From what I can tell the 1520 is not compatible with t-mobile's network and is exclusive to AT&T, unless that has changed. Worst case you'll need to get a SIM from Cricket.

All true of the AT&T branded 1520, there are 4 variants in total, however.
  1. World (Euro bands on the LTE radio)
  2. HSPA (No LTE radio for the China/SE Asia market)
  3. LTA (Latin America Factory Unlocked which works on AT&T, T-MoUS and many Canadian carriers as well - up to and including LTE speeds)
  4. AT&T (Branded phone for big blue with generally half the internal memory and Qi wireless charging stripped out)

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site

All true of the AT&T branded 1520, there are 4 variants in total, however.
  1. World (Euro bands on the LTE radio) RM-937
  2. HSPA (No LTE radio for the China/SE Asia market) RM-939, I believe
  3. LTA (Latin America Factory Unlocked which works on AT&T, T-MoUS and many Canadian carriers as well - up to and including LTE speeds) RM-938
  4. AT&T (Branded phone for big blue with generally half the internal memory and Qi wireless charging stripped out) RM-940

and RM-938 or RM-940 will work (well) on Cricket ...
none work (well) on Verizon (CDMA).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos