Why am I unable to delete recurring calender events set using Cortana?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Unable to delete recurring calender events set using Cortana

I added a daily recurring event as a test using Cortana. I found that the live tile or the lock screen do not update and that is the only event which keeps cycling everyday. I went to Cortana and I've deleted the reminder from the settings, but the entry in the calender still remains. I cannot delete the entry from the calender app itself. Does anyone have a solution for this?

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Unable to delete recurring calender events set using Cortana

If you open the event on the calendar, it will bring up the screen displaying the details of the reminder, created in Cortana. If you tap on the three dots at the bottom of the screen, the menu will expand. Tap COMPLETE and the event will vanish from your calendar.

Siddarth Sitamraju

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site

I cannot open the event from the calender. Clicking the event just opens the calender again and long pressing gives a pop up with the edit and delete greyed out. The phone will not display anything else than this on the live tile too!!I I've tried rebooting as well as a soft reset. Did not help either :(

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

I tapped the search button and told cortana "Remind me to test at 1am". Then in the confirmation screen, I changed Occurs Once to Every Day. I then waited a minute until I saw it as the next pending event on my calendar's live tile. I went into the calendar (which is by default in the monthly view). I have three events on my calendar for tomorrow, the first on the list is "Test". I tapped on the word TEST, and it brought me into the details view of the event, which there were no details. I tapped the three dots to expand the menu, and was able to tap COMPLETE and remove the event from my calendar.

Where is my test example differing from you? Did you not add the event by asking Cortana to "Remind me to..."? Does the event not display at all on your calendar live tile or in the details of the calendar? Can you not tap on the event on the calendar? Do you not have the details screen if you tap on the event in your calendar?

Siddarth Sitamraju

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site

The test example is similar, except I told cortana to remind me everyday. So the event is in every day of my calender. For example today has 5 events, the first being the test. The live tile shows the test event even though it is past the set time and the lock screen does not update. I go to the calender and tap on the event, the screen just stays in the calender itself (no details screen), it does not go to the event. I even deleted the reminder directly from cortana's settings, it is still showing up in my calendar. I'm stumped.

M Stern

Sep 8, 2015
Visit site
Click on the Cortona icon, - you will see the a light bulb, click on it and your reminders will be in there. Now you can right click and delete...just worked for me ! :)

Ketan Thakkar

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
Did you get the answer? I have got the same problem. I set a reminder using the command "Remind me to ... everyday at 9AM" it added the reminder. after 2 months of usage i dont require the reminder any more. I deleted the same from cortana (going to the reminders tab in cortana). After the the reminder is not visible in OWA and outlook 2013 calendar but when it comes to windows 10 mobile, its still there reminding me everyday. also there is no option to delete/edit the reminder. Only option is to set if I am Free/Out of office/Busy during the event.

Request if somebody can help.

sdoca

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. I have a monthly recurring reminder that shows up in my calendar on WM10 that can't be deleted and doesn't show up in my list of reminders when I access them via the Cortana menu. :(

Moshe Raab

May 30, 2014
Visit site
I am experiencing the same thing. I have two reminders for everyday. they were created by Cortana, but do not appear in Cortana's reminder list or the history. they also only show on the computer I created the reminders. they do not show in calendars on other PCs or Windows phone.
Does anyone have a solution of how to kill these "Zombie" messages?

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Yes finally found it.

found a way to delete those recurring reminder and the effects of this action is unknown.

How i set up my recurring reminder:

I set two recurring reminder at 11 am and 3.30 pm on monday to friday

Here is how i delete them in one swift move:

go to this directory and delete all the files
"C:\Users"your user name"\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy"

i've skip every single file that cannot be deleted

Result:

No more recurring reminders, even in the calendar app

Hope this instruction will work for you guys

Booyah!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon