Hi

I have lumia 1020 and looking for a WP 8 app for Starbucks that will work for Canada, there seems to be no official app but some 3rd party apps yet I don't know which one to use or which works in Canada.

I see

SBUX Card
    MyBucks

I am not sure also if I have to buy a gc and hook it up or what to get their loyalty program working, on there site it says you can just download their app and bypass gc stuff, not sure if that can be done on WP through these apps.

Recommendations?
    12-01-2014 01:39 PM
    I'm using Buckstar (Beta) successfully in Canada. Pretty decent app so far.

By the way, I wrote to Starbucks yesterday about a Windows Phone app, and they said they weren't interested in developing one at this time:

Dear --------,

Thank you for contacting Starbucks.

I'm very sorry, we have continued to look at the Windows platform and listen to our customer’s needs. As we grow and evolve our mobile applications, we seek to develop on the platforms where we see the greatest opportunity. At this time we will not support the Windows platform but will continue to evaluate it as the landscape evolves.

Your feedback regarding this decision is much appreciated. Rest assured, your questions and concerns have been documented and passed along to the appropriate teams.
    If you ever have any questions or concerns in the future, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Sincerely,

------------
    customer service
    Mybucks has been pulled here in the US. That was the best app. I'm using buckstar now
    12-01-2014 01:58 PM
    Mybucks has been pulled here in the US. That was the best app. I'm using buckstar now
    Why was it pulled? buckstar still beta app?
    12-01-2014 02:01 PM
    Starbucks didn't like the fact I was a third party app. I made a thread about it here. The dev replied a few times.
    12-01-2014 06:11 PM
    Starbucks didn't like the fact I was a third party app. I made a thread about it here. The dev replied a few times.
    Yea, I saw that. But seems like no new update on it, I guess it is dead?
    12-01-2014 06:46 PM
    Guess so. BS that MS worked on getting Starbucks to work on the band but not the phone.
    12-01-2014 08:26 PM
    Guess so. BS that MS worked on getting Starbucks to work on the band but not the phone.
    Wow, I did not know that....pretty sad.
    12-01-2014 08:55 PM
    I'm using Buckstar (Beta) successfully in Canada. Pretty decent app so far.

By the way, I wrote to Starbucks yesterday about a Windows Phone app, and they said they weren't interested in developing one at this time:

Dear --------,

Thank you for contacting Starbucks.

I'm very sorry, we have continued to look at the Windows platform and listen to our customer’s needs. As we grow and evolve our mobile applications, we seek to develop on the platforms where we see the greatest opportunity. At this time we will not support the Windows platform but will continue to evaluate it as the landscape evolves.

Your feedback regarding this decision is much appreciated. Rest assured, your questions and concerns have been documented and passed along to the appropriate teams.
    If you ever have any questions or concerns in the future, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Sincerely,

------------
    customer service
    12-02-2014 01:52 PM
    If MS got SB to work with the band, why not the phone?
    12-03-2014 12:44 AM