Lumia 735 or 925?

anon(7908611)

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Hey there
I can choose one of them. What's best?
Lumia 925 has a better SoC, camera and glance (great deal breaker for me) but 735 has a better battery, 5mp front camera and is newer so maybe it will receive updates when 925 no longer will.
Need some advice, please
Thank you

P1ng0fDeath

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
might help you:

925:
better rear camera - 8.7 PureView vs 6.7 non-PureView. Both have Carl Zeiss lens
glance screen
premium build, if you care about it
Capacitive buttons, if you prefer them
dedicated camera button, if you think you'd miss it
Gorilla Glass 2
16 gb of storage - no SD expansion
no removable back cover

735:
better front facing camera
newer SoC - Snapdragon S400 vs S4
very likely better batery life
removable battery
SD card expansion
Gorilla Glass 3
newer phone - better support for future updates and features
On-screen buttons

both screens are very beautiful OLED displays, with Clearblack and Gorilla Glass, have 1 gb RAM and are 4G. Both are thin, light and good looking phones with great overall performance. They're pretty good devices, i'd recommend you any of them, even the 925 being 17 months old now. It's just up to you to decide what you care most.

Last edited:

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I would say stick with a 925 if you get it cheaper than the 735 or 830 (used from eBay). The 925 has a better GPU (personal experience from 925 and 830) and unless battery life is not the only concern then the 925 would be your best option

anon(7908611)

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
actually the 730 has a better, newer, more power-efficient SoC.

both phones are very different from each other. It'll depend a lot on what you are exactly looking for on it.

might help you:

925:
better rear camera - 8.7 PureView vs 6.7 non-PureView. Both have Carl Zeiss lens
glance screen
premium build, if you care about it
Capacitive buttons, if you prefer them
dedicated camera button, if you think you'd miss it
Gorilla Glass 2
16 gb of storage - no SD expansion
no removable back cover

735:
better front facing camera
newer SoC - Snapdragon S400 vs S4
very likely better batery life
removable battery
SD card expansion
Gorilla Glass 3
newer phone - better support for future updates and features
On-screen buttons

both screens are very beautiful OLED displays, with Clearblack and Gorilla Glass, have 1 gb RAM and are 4G. Both are thin, light and good looking phones with great overall performance. They're pretty good devices, i'd recommend you any of them, even the 925 being 17 months old now. It's just up to you to decide what you care most.

Snap 400 is more powerful than snap s4? I read the opposite on the web.
735 doesn't have glance

The deal breaker might be the sd card slot... Which 925 doesn't have

16Gb is enough for me actually

735 or the 830 over the 925

Why?

I would say stick with a 925 if you get it cheaper than the 735 or 830 (used from eBay). The 925 has a better GPU (personal experience from 925 and 830) and unless battery life is not the only concern then the 925 would be your best option

In my country they have the same price.
The only thing i'm afraid of that maybe 925 after windows10 will no longer updated

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
If the 925 has it's original battery, it may need to be replaced, if it has been used a while. That was one of the reasons i sold my 920 and picked up a 635. I believe 2 years on a phone is a lot of wear and tear.

P1ng0fDeath

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
i honestly don't know what SoC is more powerful, but in real world usage, i bet it wouldn't make a difference at all. But the S400 is newer - it supports Sensor Core, for example. And it's more power efficient, as i said.

Alfa Kapa

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I am also in the same boat.
To be able to make the best decision, two days ago I tested Lumia 735,830 and 930 at a local store.

Lumia 930 doesn't impress me at all, it's bulkiness is a huge deal-breaker for me, and there is where the Lumia 830
surprised me! At almost the same size, the slimmer side profile gave me the feeling that it has half the depth of 930!
BUT after using Lumia 630 for 4 months, It is clear to me that my next windows phone must have OLED display, so Lumia 830 is
a no-go.
Also 930's display appeared to me less smooth than 730's display [display's hz aspect]. Which brings me to Lumia 735..

Lumia 735 in hand feels like a veery slim phone, it has great ergonomics and truly is a stunning looking device
[especially with the gray back cover] .
The display is extremely clear with perfect viewing angles from all sides of viewing. [I'm saying that because many have said that 630 has great viewing angles but apart from viewing the display from the vertical and horizontal axis, the colors are switching-inverting like hell]
Lumia 735 has the same battery performance as my Lumia 630, which means 1.5-2 days with average (normal) usage.

Now Lumia 925's processor (believe it or not) is at the same league as 735's, but is more power hungry.
It has no expendable memory (I know you don't mind) but if you ever feel the need for any reason to expand your memory or put your files on another phone/device,you are out of luck.
I have seen many reviews complaining about the slippery sides of the 925..
Also the battery life is not as good as 735's.
Lumia 925 has smaller screen with bigger boarders around the display.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
The Lumia 925 in my opinion has the best build quality in all Lumias till date. Even though the processor is not as power efficient as the SD400 or SD800, if you're into gaming stick with either the SD8xx devices or the previous generation Adreno 225 devices because the SD400's Adreno 305 is clearly inferior in processing high quality gaming graphics. If gaming is not your concern then options are open

anon(7908611)

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I am also in the same boat.
To be able to make the best decision, two days ago I tested Lumia 735,830 and 930 at a local store.

Lumia 930 doesn't impress me at all, it's bulkiness is a huge deal-breaker for me, and there is where the Lumia 830
surprised me! At almost the same size, the slimmer side profile gave me the feeling that it has half the depth of 930!
BUT after using Lumia 630 for 4 months, It is clear to me that my next windows phone must have OLED display, so Lumia 830 is
a no-go.
Also 930's display appeared to me less smooth than 730's display [display's hz aspect]. Which brings me to Lumia 735..

Lumia 735 in hand feels like a veery slim phone, it has great ergonomics and truly is a stunning looking device
[especially with the gray back cover] .
The display is extremely clear with perfect viewing angles from all sides of viewing. [I'm saying that because many have said that 630 has great viewing angles but apart from viewing the display from the vertical and horizontal axis, the colors are switching-inverting like hell]
Lumia 735 has the same battery performance as my Lumia 630, which means 1.5-2 days with average (normal) usage.

Now Lumia 925's processor (believe it or not) is at the same league as 735's, but is more power hungry.
It has no expendable memory (I know you don't mind) but if you ever feel the need for any reason to expand your memory or put your files on another phone/device,you are out of luck.
I have seen many reviews complaining about the slippery sides of the 925..
Also the battery life is not as good as 735's.
Lumia 925 has smaller screen with bigger boarders around the display.

So for you is better 735?

The Lumia 925 in my opinion has the best build quality in all Lumias till date. Even though the processor is not as power efficient as the SD400 or SD800, if you're into gaming stick with either the SD8xx devices or the previous generation Adreno 225 devices because the SD400's Adreno 305 is clearly inferior in processing high quality gaming graphics. If gaming is not your concern then options are open

If 735 had glance I would have stick with it. It's so importante since WP doesn't support led notification

Alfa Kapa

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Yes, my next phone will be Lumia 735!
For me, it serves all my needs and then some..

I think with double tap to wake glance screen is not that important.
I had a tablet (Gpad 8.3) with double tap to wake and I was so spoiled by this future, that subconsciously in my brain,
every phone I touched, I tapped on the screen to open :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos