Why can't I connect my HTC 8X WP 8.1 to Windows Tablet 8?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

can't connect my HTC 8X WP 8.1 to Windows Tablet 8

I have just bought a windows tablet running windows 8 and have just updated my WP to 8.1 but I cant connect the devices by USB. I keep getting connection sound repeated over and over again. The reason I bought the tablet was so my phone and the tablet would work together in harmony! How can I solve this issue many thanks

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Hello, a little more information would really help. What phone are you using and which Windows 8 tablet are you using? Does the tablet have a standard USB port, or are you using an adapter? If so, which adapter?

S2McC

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
hi, I have an HTC 8X updated to 8.1 (UK) the tablet is also windows 8.1 bought in Spain installed instore with English language pack. it does not have a full size USB port only mini, I am using the adapter that was supplied with the tablet.....

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Do you have a laptop or PC that you could try to plug your phone into, just to make sure that your phone and cable are working properly? What is the brand and model of the tablet?

S2McC

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
many thanks, but ive sorted it! all i had to do was uninstall the desktop version of the windows phone app and install the same app but from the windows store this time, i plugged my phone in and it connected straight away! ��

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre