Will an unlocked 1520 give me the option to download the latest OS updates without waiting on ATT to approve them?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Unlocked 1520

If I purchase a Lumia 1520 ATT version, unlocked, does that give me the option to download OS updates without waiting on ATT to approve them?

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: Unlocked 1520

I believe that you are free to use it on any carrier however even if unlocked it still follows the att update schedule since it is an att branded phone. No matter if unlocked or not.

What you'd be looking for is an unbranded phone.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I got my 1520 unlocked from a catalogue book and I got updates no matter what sim I put in so you will be fine

Erractic, if your Lumia was Factory Unlocked that differs from Branded to a carrier and later unlocked via code, Yours would be a country variant and no individual carrier is taking responsibility to roll out the OTA. In the OP case, by IMEI, it goes with the AT&T roll out.

anon9169769

Banned
Nov 4, 2014
Visit site

Erractic, if your Lumia was Factory Unlocked that differs from Branded to a carrier and later unlocked via code, Yours would be a country variant and no individual carrier is taking responsibility to roll out the OTA. In the OP case, by IMEI, it goes with the AT&T roll out.

I see where your coming from but the OP was asking about an unlocked phone

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs