Is the mic and remote going to work on my JBL33i headphones and my Lumia 925?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Does it gonna work mic and remote on JBL33i headphpnes od my Lumia 925

Someone say its gonna work someone say it will not and i wanna find out from somebodys experience whats the truth because i allready bought it and im waiting to arrive.Thanks

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure what iPhone compatible cable means. Sounds fishy. Does iPhone need something special in a headphone cable? That would be absurd, but in keeping with their business model to force their own standard onto something that has always been universal...

I think them touting iPhone Compatibility is just a gimmick to get iPhone users buying their headphones. I don't know why manufacturers do that; claim it is for iPhone and alienate the rest of the world from wanting to purchase it.

I'd try them out and if the headphones don't work, return them for a refund.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure what iPhone compatible cable means. Sounds fishy. Does iPhone need something special in a headphone cable? That would be absurd, but in keeping with their business model to force their own standard onto something that has always been universal...

I think them touting iPhone Compatibility is just a gimmick to get iPhone users buying their headphones. I don't know why manufacturers do that; claim it is for iPhone and alienate the rest of the world from wanting to purchase it.

I'd try them out and if the headphones don't work, return them for a refund.
iPhone-compatible cables use a proprietary signal for the remotes and microphones. In most cases, the industry standard is to have these signals on particular rings of the plug, but Apple did something different, so they won't work. However, the audio still works, just not the remote/mic.

In theory, Android-compatible headphones with remotes should work with WP because it is an industry standard, and that's what I've found so far.

odklizec

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Does it gonna work mic and remote on JBL33i headphpnes od my Lumia 925

The problem is that apart of different wiring they use custom chip compatible with Apple devices only. And the headphones claiming iphone compatibility are using this custom chip provided by Apple. So no, apple-compatible remote will not work with non-apple device.

Emporius

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
Thank u all of u guys for all the answers u r truely amazing and its been very helpfull,but im little dissapointed by the fact that i will not be able to use mic and remote with this model,and now im not so sure about model J33a beacuse everywhere stands compatibility with Android phones not a word about WP.Anyway thanks again and all the best 4 all of u.New member Emporius

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

I use Urbanears that came with a Nokia adaptor. You may want to check it out.
Sent from my HTC 8S

extrikate

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site

The Monster ControlTalk Universal cable is an option if those headphones aren't hardwired. You won't have volume control but you can pause (1 click), skip (2 clicks), and go back (3 clicks). When they made the Purity HD headphones for Nokia the cable had full function for WP. Unfortunately, they don't offer the cable as a standalone item.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6