Someone say its gonna work someone say it will not and i wanna find out from somebodys experience whats the truth because i allready bought it and im waiting to arrive.Thanks
    12-03-2014 07:51 AM
    The problem is that apart of different wiring they use custom chip compatible with Apple devices only. And the headphones claiming iphone compatibility are using this custom chip provided by Apple. So no, apple-compatible remote will not work with non-apple device.
    I'm not sure what iPhone compatible cable means. Sounds fishy. Does iPhone need something special in a headphone cable? That would be absurd, but in keeping with their business model to force their own standard onto something that has always been universal...

I think them touting iPhone Compatibility is just a gimmick to get iPhone users buying their headphones. I don't know why manufacturers do that; claim it is for iPhone and alienate the rest of the world from wanting to purchase it.

I'd try them out and if the headphones don't work, return them for a refund.
    12-03-2014 12:29 PM
    I'm not sure what iPhone compatible cable means. Sounds fishy. Does iPhone need something special in a headphone cable? That would be absurd, but in keeping with their business model to force their own standard onto something that has always been universal...

I think them touting iPhone Compatibility is just a gimmick to get iPhone users buying their headphones. I don't know why manufacturers do that; claim it is for iPhone and alienate the rest of the world from wanting to purchase it.

I'd try them out and if the headphones don't work, return them for a refund.
    iPhone-compatible cables use a proprietary signal for the remotes and microphones. In most cases, the industry standard is to have these signals on particular rings of the plug, but Apple did something different, so they won't work. However, the audio still works, just not the remote/mic.

In theory, Android-compatible headphones with remotes should work with WP because it is an industry standard, and that's what I've found so far.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    12-03-2014 12:33 PM
    The problem is that apart of different wiring they use custom chip compatible with Apple devices only. And the headphones claiming iphone compatibility are using this custom chip provided by Apple. So no, apple-compatible remote will not work with non-apple device.
    12-03-2014 12:43 PM
    Figures that Apple would spoil a universal standard.

Thanks guys.
    jmshub and a5cent like this.
    12-03-2014 12:59 PM
    Thank u all of u guys for all the answers u r truely amazing and its been very helpfull,but im little dissapointed by the fact that i will not be able to use mic and remote with this model,and now im not so sure about model J33a beacuse everywhere stands compatibility with Android phones not a word about WP.Anyway thanks again and all the best 4 all of u.New member Emporius
    RumoredNow, a5cent, jmshub and 1 others like this.
    12-03-2014 02:27 PM
    I use Urbanears that came with a Nokia adaptor. You may want to check it out.
    Sent from my HTC 8S
    RumoredNow likes this.
    12-03-2014 10:59 PM
    A great thread was posted a while back that explains the different headphone jack standards. I suggest giving it a read if you'd like to know more: http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...ml#post2213953
    12-03-2014 11:04 PM
    Figures that Apple would spoil a universal standard.

Thanks guys.

It's what they so best... 😠
    12-03-2014 11:10 PM
    The Monster ControlTalk Universal cable is an option if those headphones aren't hardwired. You won't have volume control but you can pause (1 click), skip (2 clicks), and go back (3 clicks). When they made the Purity HD headphones for Nokia the cable had full function for WP. Unfortunately, they don't offer the cable as a standalone item.
    12-03-2014 11:23 PM