Windows Phone 8.1 - Vibrate when receiving a phone call, and tone sound when receiving texts?

Merazomo

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
First of all Happy Holidays to everyone. Now, is there any way of making the Lumia 521 with Windows 8.1 Vibrate when receiving a phone call, and make a tone sound when receiving texts? It seems the only way I was able to make the cell phone truly vibrate (by truly I mean that the phone was vibrating constantly and not just two intermittent vibrations every now and then) was by muting the ring tone sounds, turning vibrate on, and getting the vibrate sign on the corner of the screen (vibrate mode I presume); however, this silents the text sounds obviously. I then tried changing the phone and messaging settings to vibrate off/on, notification off/on in the notifications + actions section and nothing. The closest I got to what I wanted to do, was to include a silent ring tone when receiving a call, but since it's not in vibrate mode, I got the annoying two intermittent vibrations only, not the real vibrate mode. Am I doing something wrong, has somebody managed to get these settings right? Is there even a way to do it? Thanks guys.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Constant Vibration chews through battery. I'm sure that is why it isn't enabled.

If by "real" vibration you mean a constant vibration, I would find that "real" annoying. I don't let my phone vibrate at me! Never have and never will. I understand that different users have different preferences. I read a lot of posts where users want some sort of constant nag function set up on their phones... Vibrate, blinking lights, something that never stops until attended to. The OS is just not designed that way.

Merazomo

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
That's a shame. I needed that function out of necessity. I'm always on the move, moving in and out of buildings. Some establishments require cell phones to be off. When you're running or moving, sometimes it's pretty difficult to feel the intermittent vibration that my cellphone produces. Should have looked into that before purchasing the phone. Thanks.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You should have Glance screen on your 521, yes?

​I set my notifications to go to Glance and I see they are waiting just by looking at my phone. Not as active as a vibration, but persistant at least.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12