Why does my Nokia Lumia 1520, Windows 8.1 takes a long time to wake up?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Ever since I installed windows 8.1 Cyan update on my Lumia 1520,this issue of taking a long time to wake up from sleep has cropped up. When the screen goes to sleep and I press the power on button or double tap the screen to wake up, i get this message.." resuming..."" after a substantial gap of few seconds the lock screen gets displayed. This is quite irrititating and kills the very purpose of a high speed processor. This problem did not exist in the windows 8 version.
I have tried soft and hard reset both, put off the wifi, changed screens, uninstalled heavy apps etc.etc.....nothing works... help please

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Do you have the Live Lock Screen beta installed? That or any other lock screen app?

If so, there's a known issue with that, and a trick to fixing the "resuming" problem. First uninstall the Live Lock Screen app (or any other lock screen app), then enable Kids Corner just for a second and turn it off again. Should clear up the "Resuming..."

Other suggestions are the Cortana live tile. Remove it from your Start screen. (though I haven't had any issues with the Cortana tile myself.)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05