1520 gps problem. Can any one help??

willboyce

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi.
My here drive is not taking me from A to B.
It knows where I am. It knows where I'm going to.
But it will not take me there.
Has anyone any ideas please.
I have deleted the app. Reset the phone.
If anyone has had this problem and can help , it be much appreciated

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've not had any issues with Location on my 1520.

Go to Settings > location > make sure it is turned on (remedial I know, but just to double check).

Go to Settings > page over from system to applications > tap maps > make sure "Use my location" is turned on > make sure "Set default voice navigation app" is set to HERE Drive +

Go to HERE Drive + > Settings > Location > make sure it is "On"

​If you have any issues still, get back to us here.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
This might sound stupid but does your phone have offline maps downloaded? I know Here Drive should work without the offline maps and use data instead but just wanted to check

willboyce

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi. Thanks for all who have got back. Location is turned on. . Its not used behind a thermoisolated windscreen. . . Maps are downloaded. . Voice is downloaded.
Here drive is set up. And settings on
What do I do now ??

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
It does give you a propper fix but when you are moving its going off scale or does nothing.
If its not the settings i am going to believe that there is a malfunction in your device.
Maybe time to contact your dealer or servicepoint?

courtneyg2013

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I've got the same problem, sent it Microsoft twice and they keep saying that they can't find a fault. I've just got it back and I'm about to go outside and check it. If I find I have the same issue, I'll be writing a letter of complaint.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
The GPS is basically an RF receiver, so other things than a thermoisolated windscreen can potentially interfere too. Like very noisy alternator.

If you use a tool like GPSInfo it has a HAccuracy and VAccuracy value. (Ideally we'd be looking at PDOP etc but WP hides those).

I would be interested to see if you can check how the accuracy responds to inside/outside of your/other persons car for instance to see if there is an environmental issue at work.

Also the GPS expects to download Almanac information from network providers and I have seen once instance where my GPS was wrong because of a cell tower configuration.

Another time I've seen an issue was when Wi-Fi was off on the phone.

So make sure Wi-Fi is enabled, reboot the phone and use the tool to diagnose if accuracy is very low (<10 meters) or always or sometimes high.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos