Why is the firmware failing to install?

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

hello, im jay My NOKIA Lumia 520 has failed to boot

i can't update or download any apps on WP8.1 so downgrade it was the only option. i did everything right, install the Lumia Software Recovery Tool to my laptop, connect my phone via usb cable, download firmware successfully and move to installing it, it took a while but it fails to install it..after that, couldn't connect it to my phone again

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Try a soft reset... Hold the Volume Down & Power buttons until the phone vibrates. If it boots, check the version and retry the SRT if needed.

If it doesn't boot, try the SRT again and select the "My phone does not start up or respond" option.

BTW: Lumia Software Recovery Tool won't downgrade. It will only flash a clean copy of the latest official release for your model.

Failure to update or download apps is most often a sync error in your Microsoft Account and could have been addressed directly without flashing the OS.

Try the remedies above, and if you have any further problems please consider joining the board to start an ongoing dialog here rather than a one-off post.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: hello, im jay My NOKIA Lumia 520 has failed to boot

With regard to not being able to install apps, try checking the date and time... Sounds funny, but if it is too far off, the store won't let you download/update apps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon