Are the 3G data bands on the 535 adequate?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hello,

I am thinking of buying a Lumia 535 and have been looking at its specs in detail. I noticed that the only 3G bands that it supports are 1 (2100) and 8 (900). I know that the bands in use vary in different parts of the world. Although I normally live in the US, I want to buy a dual-SIM phone to use when traveling or living abroad, mostly in Europe or Asia. Obviously, I understand that I will not get 3G speeds if I were to use the Lumia 535 in North America, but I just wanted to see if maybe someone more familiar with the bands could tell me whether this phone can attain 3G speeds in most of the rest of the world with just those two bands.

Thank you

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Depends on where you visit and what carrier the SIM works on. Mobile country code - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Europe and Asia are too vague for a definitive answer. However, limiting yourself to 900/2100 is far from ideal when it comes to travel.

How about this? You live in the US. Get a T-MoUS Simple Choice plan. It includes free SMS texting and data when you are abroad in over 140 countries. My wife and I just used it for the entire month of October in Italy. Worked great. Put your T-Mo SIM in a better class of phone and get more world-worthy frequency matching..

http://forums.windowscentral.com/t-...mple-choice-plan-when-traveling-overseas.html

One of my favorite things on that trip was explaining to another American couple about the free data and texting and listening to the wife in that couple go on a tirade about how much money Verizon wanted to charge them to be overseas so they had to do without...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos