I've upgraded to Windows 8.1 Pro on my desktop PC. However, my faithful Sony MDR-NC7 headphones no longer work. I've checked the Sony website and there is no software for them. Windows 8.1 does not see them plugged into my Dell sound bar or directly into the headphone jack on the PC>
    12-05-2014 03:43 PM
    Have you tried them on something else, like a cell phone to make sure the problem isn't in your headphones?

Standard 3.5mm jack headphones aren't "smart". They don't tell the PC that they are plugged into the PC, so there is no software for the headphones. If you plug the headphones into your PC, and your PC won't switch to them, then the speaker port on the PC is probably damaged.
    Have you tried them on something else, like a cell phone to make sure the problem isn't in your headphones?

Standard 3.5mm jack headphones aren't "smart". They don't tell the PC that they are plugged into the PC, so there is no software for the headphones. If you plug the headphones into your PC, and your PC won't switch to them, then the speaker port on the PC is probably damaged.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-05-2014 03:49 PM