Help!!! Tablet changed language!?

aaron j

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
So I hit factory reset on my wife's tablet to start afresh as she had a few issues.. But turns out since its a cheapie tablet it was made in china and its core language is Chinese! I stumbled through the menu off of primary school Chinese memory and changed region to Australia and added English as default language but everything on the tablet is still Chinese?!

Please guys I need help!

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You changed Region and Language, but still no go?

Did you reboot after changes?

If you can redo the Factory Reset again... Maybe try using Bing Translator on Windows Phone and execute camera mode. Then you can run set-up on the tablet and get a translation on the screens through your phone. Maybe you missed an option during setup...

What Tablet? What OS? Is there a forum for that tablet to visit for advice?

I won't make you snort coffee out your nose by suggesting the OEM site...

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
You'll have to go into Control Panel, then into Language. On the left, you'll need to click Advanced Settings. Underneath the Advanced Settings heading, you'll see "Override for Windows display language.". Underneath that, you can choose to force Windows to use English for all of its displays by clicking the box that says "Use the list (recommended)" and changing it to "English". Hope that helps.

I had to do this on my Cube iWork 7 tablet from China.

Meadhbh Mc Guinness

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
I followed these instructions on my ĉube iwork 8 and it still refuses to display english. I did the reboot using the translator and set everything to correctly for uk and english. In my languages section I have english uk at the top of my list but it ignores the list and still uses chinese even when I set it to use the recommended list. Some things like apps ie Mail and News are displayed in english but files are in chinese meaning I have to use the translator on my phone to navigate it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3