On my Lumia 920 on Cyan, why isn't there an option to share internet via Bluetooth?

EdgarTPeaceful

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 920 on Cyan - Internet Sharing - No option to share internet via Bluetooth

Hello,

Lumia 920

I need to be able to share internet over Bluetooth so that I can pair my device with a Tom Tom Satnav

Apparentl, this functionality should have been introduce in the Cyan update:

[LINK REDACTED - see windows central - /internet-sharing-over-bluetooth-comes-gdr1-update-windows-phone]

However, when I go to internet sharing on my phone I don't have the 'Share Over' option. This screen hasn't changed at all in fact.

Anyone know why I haven't had this update?

Model: NOKIA Lumia 920
Carrier: EE (Uk)
Software: Windows Phone 8.1

OS version: 8.10.12393.890
Firmware revision number: 3051.50009.1424.0027

Thanks

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lumia 920 on Cyan - Internet Sharing - No option to share internet via Bluetooth

I've put the link here for you.

Internet sharing over Bluetooth comes via GDR1 update for Windows Phone | Windows Central

The reason why you don't have that option is that you don't have Update 1. You're only on WP8.1 initial release. You're also on EE... need I say more? Update 1 is only for certain models currently.

If you want the option I'd suggest going on the Developers Preview program. It's free and it at this stage it's running well.

All you need to know about the Windows Phone 8.1 'Preview for Developers' | Windows Central

EdgarTPeaceful

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lumia 920 on Cyan - Internet Sharing - No option to share internet via Bluetooth

Many, many thanks for this.

I thought the problem would be with EE - one of the worst companies I've had the 'pleasure' of giving my custom.

I'm downloading the developers' update as I write.

Cheers!

EdgarTPeaceful

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site

Updated (I think)

I'm now on:

OS version: 8.10.12400.899

Unfortunately I'm still not seeing the share via Bluetooth option in Internet Sharing. I guess EE are restricting even the developer program software?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Updated (I think)

I'm now on:

OS version: 8.10.12400.899

Unfortunately I'm still not seeing the share via Bluetooth option in Internet Sharing. I guess EE are restricting even the developer program software?

The firmware doesn't change, just the OS version. The firmware is separate from the OS update.

EE has no ability to block the DP program. (Yes they suck big time. My L920 is tied to them) Are you sure you have all the updates?

EdgarTPeaceful

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site

My phone has run through a load of updates from the Windows Store, including Network+ and extras. But I still don't have they Bluetooth option in Internet Sharing.

Its odd as an internet search shows that many Lumia 920 owners do have the option.

I can't see anyway of checking whether I actually have all the necessary updates...

EdgarTPeaceful

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Sorted after resetting the phone again, and restarting the developer app.

This prompted another phone update and this time the Bluetooth option was there. I'm now hooked up to the Tom Tom.

Thanks form your help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss