NOKIA Lumia 920 or 735 ?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I am going to buy a phone, in two days or just noow if I get answers.

I am buying one out of 920 or 735 , I cant decide between the two..

Please ,, which one I should go for ,, tell me

Thankyou :)

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
The thing is you are comparing a two year old phone (L920) which was a high spec model when it was released vs a two month old phone (L735) which would be described as mid-low end. What do you use your phone for mostly?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Performance is going to be about the same approximately.
Here are the major differences I think...

735:
Larger display (4.7" OLED - which is better is subjective)
virtual buttons
better battery life (removable battery)
8 GB storage + microSD
superior front facing camera
no camera key
removable back cover (can swap out colors easily)

920:
4.5" LCD
actual buttons
non-removable battery
32 GB storage, no microSD
superior rear camera, dual LED

I personally would have a hard time choosing, but I think I might lean towards the 735.
Depends though.
glance feature
camera key

gtx295y

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Yes I know that I am doing what you said. Thats why I cant decide.

As for what I use / will use phone for -- taking photos, and audio recording interviews (for my articles).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for your replies everybody. Please write more, I would like to have certain amount of discussion.

kmok

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
I would go with the 735. It's newer and will be supported longer than the 920 which will mean future updates. The 920 is getting close to EOL (36 months?). I also like my phones to have a removable battery (my 1520 is the exception there) and an SD card slot. Having an SD card slot will allow for you to store more pictures and audio recordings than the 920 which will be limited there depending on how many apps/games, other files, etc. you store on the phone and how frequently you move files from the phone to a computer. I think I would prefer the screen of the 735 over the 920 as well, but they're both probably going to be pretty decent. Camera wise I'm sure the rear cameras are pretty similar with the 920s being a little better, but of course the 735 has a better front facing camera.

gtx295y

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Will Nokia Lumia 920 be upgradable/compatible to/with Windows 10 ? In other words, will I be able to update to windows 10 on Nokia Lumia 920 once the windows 10 is released.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Will Nokia Lumia 920 be upgradable/compatible to/with Windows 10 ? In other words, will I be able to update to windows 10 on Nokia Lumia 920 once the windows 10 is released.

The 920 may not be the first device, since there's so many models that MS has to upgrade.
I would bet the 735 gets the update sooner, but we really can't say.

But it will indeed get 10 soon. But if its tied to a carrier, it may not be so simple.

EBUK

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Windows Mobile Power User recommends the L735 as an update for the 920:

"The more I used the Nokia Lumia 735 the more I liked it. After using increasingly large handsets over the years, it was a relief to use a thin and light handset for a change. Battery life impressed me, as did the camera, as long as you spent time focussing, and the ?unibody? design is outstanding. Surprisingly I would be happy to use this inexpensive handset as my daily driver, and would even go so far as to recommend it to 920 upgraders looking for a cheap handset in the spirit of their old device." (Review: Nokia Lumia 735 (video))

The L735 is my first Windows Phone, and I love it. It takes superb photos, audio recording is good (I use Mini Recorder Free), is very comfortable to hold, has expandable storage and a removeable battery, not to mention wireless charging. It's never randomly rebooted or frozen, and I don't get any prolonged 'resuming...' messages. Fabulous phone for the price.

EDIT:
Also, the 735 has Denim and here in the UK Cortana is available and works a treat.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Windows Mobile Power User recommends the L735 as an update for the 920:

"The more I used the Nokia Lumia 735 the more I liked it. After using increasingly large handsets over the years, it was a relief to use a thin and light handset for a change. Battery life impressed me, as did the camera, as long as you spent time focussing, and the ?unibody? design is outstanding. Surprisingly I would be happy to use this inexpensive handset as my daily driver, and would even go so far as to recommend it to 920 upgraders looking for a cheap handset in the spirit of their old device." (Review: Nokia Lumia 735 (video))

The L735 is my first Windows Phone, and I love it. It takes superb photos, audio recording is good (I use Mini Recorder Free), is very comfortable to hold, has expandable storage and a removeable battery, not to mention wireless charging. It's never randomly rebooted or frozen, and I don't get any prolonged 'resuming...' messages. Fabulous phone for the price.

EDIT:
Also, the 735 has Denim and here in the UK Cortana is available and works a treat.
Careful mentioning wmpu is taboo to some folks here lmao. See rubino-gate haha.

ITs hard for me to really say which is the better buy of the two devices. But if I had to choose, I'd probably get the 735 as it is newer and may be supported longer than the now 2 year 920 .

Although spec wise, I think they may be quite comparable as the 920 today is what we call midrange and the 735 is a midrange

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Okey. Lets wrap it up. Which one willl be able to capture and shoot in 4K Resolution ??
I will buy that one.

Neither is capable of doing what you are asking for. Here is a comparison. The SoC is better on the 735 and it is a newer phone. With SD card support and updates in the future, it is a no brainer at this point in terms of getting the 735 over the 920.

Nokia Lumia 735 vs Nokia Lumia 920 - Phone specs comparison

wphashan

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
L735 have slightly larger display & better colors. Gorilla glass 3. Removable back cover/battery. Expandable memory. slightly larger battery. Much lighter than L920. Better FFC. On-Screen buttons, I hate on-screen buttons though. L735 is slightly thinner :)
And L920 packs with 2 year old technology (but the rear camera is great yet.) :amaze:

I'd probably go for L735,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99