Why won't my Lumia 710 power up?

Jeanette Dyckma

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
My lumina 710 won't power up, charged on computer didn't work either. I also tried soft reset, on button/volume down button and camera only button....

Last edited:

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lumina 710 won't power up

Hello :) How "old" is the phone? :winktongue: When you connected the phone to the PC were you able to access the phone's files?

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site

If your battery was dead it needs to charge for 15? minutes before it powers up. I still own one (not using) and yesterday it took about that time to power up

Jeanette Dyckma

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site

It's only 2 1/2 years old. Nothing came up when I connected to my computer. I tried to turn it on while it was connected; it continued to vibrate and my computer made a "ding" sound each time. Is there a way to connect to the phones files so I can download pictures? Thank you so much for responding.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site

Did you have the option to backup your photos to OneDrive?

If the screen is not responding then it might be due to the a faulty digitizer and that would need to be replaced..

I faced a similar issue with my previous phone. After combing through the forums I found a few tips..

Press the vol down and power button until the phone resets and vibrates. Let go and wait for it to turn on.

Press the vol up, down, power and camera button and wait for the hone to vibrate

Press and hold the camera button until the phone responds

Replace the battery if at all possible

Charge the phone for 48 hours.

Finally, if all else fails, download the Lumia recovery tool 5.0 and follow the instructions on the screen

Jeanette Dyckma

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site

Ven07, I think you are correct in my phone needing a new battery. At one point, instead of showing the battery charging while plugged in, the screen came on for the first time showing a battery with a red bar. Am taking it to TMobile in a few days and will report back. Thanks again...

Jeanette Dyckma

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site

Hi ven07,

Went to T-Mobile today. My Lumina bit the dust, sadly I've lost all my pictures. Thankfully my daughter had the extra phone for the right price, free. Thanks again for your help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes