Prior to the Windows Phone 8.1 update, I could double-click the phone button on the steering wheel of my car and my Lumia 920 would make the sound to indicate it was ready for voice commands. I could then say "Call home" etc.

Now, post 8.1 update, when I double-click the phone button on the steering wheel, the phone says "Unlock your phone first".

I'm forced to used a timed-lock on my phone (through work) and there's no way I can get the phone out of my pocket and enter my password whilst I'm driving.

I'm in Australia and have the region set correctly, so there's no Cortana (yet!).

Is there a new setting to allow voice commands when the phone is locked?

Thanks, John.
    12-08-2014 11:33 PM
    Prior to the Windows Phone 8.1 update, I could double-click the phone button on the steering wheel of my car and my Lumia 920 would make the sound to indicate it was ready for voice commands. I could then say "Call home" etc.

Now, post 8.1 update, when I double-click the phone button on the steering wheel, the phone says "Unlock your phone first".

I'm forced to used a timed-lock on my phone (through work) and there's no way I can get the phone out of my pocket and enter my password whilst I'm driving.

I'm in Australia and have the region set correctly, so there's no Cortana (yet!).

Is there a new setting to allow voice commands when the phone is locked?

Thanks, John.
    This is a feature expected to arrive with the Denim firmware update. However, this might be limited to devices that have Nokia's SensorCore technology - this does not include devices that are older than the Lumia 1520 (not sure if the 1320 has it). Older devices might need a firmware update that would allow them to emulate SensorCore, but that might be unlikely due to hardware limitations.
    12-09-2014 02:51 PM