Skype problem

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Your problem description is very poor. But basically Skype can be installed. The Lumia 2520 has windows RT so you only can install apps via the window store and to do this you need a Microsoft account. Did you try this?

Adi Cott

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
My bad
Yes, I did all the necessary steps in order to install it, but it didn't work. My system say that my app is installed but actually I can't find it anywhere. It happens only with Skype app and only on my Lumia tablet not on my Lumia phones

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I found below when I googled "can not find skype windows rt" this was in a skype forum.
Okay, i figured it out. have to reset your windows store, if you dont know how theres videos on youtube. Then try to install skype, if it doesnt work restart your tablet and try again. Mine installed but it wouldnt open because it said there was some problems with the app. To resolve them i went to my account on my store and clicked on "my apps". After that i looked for skype and clicked install and it said there was problems and it needed to fix it so i clicked okay and now its working fine. I hope it will work.

http://community.skype.com/t5/Moder...ill-not-install-on-my-Surface-rt/td-p/3210974

Last edited by a moderator:

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Dear Adi I googled a lot but did not find a solution. Some said to hack this or that. And there was also something about a sd card. Do you have one inside your 2520 if so get it out and try again. But I think you should do a hard reset (factory restore). This is not so difficult to do but you loose your data etc on your device and it also will take some time to get al the updates and data back.
Success Harrie

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb