When will Cortana come to Romania?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

when Cortana will come in Romania?

I leave in Romania, and I like Cortana and I want to download it in my natal language.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: when Cortana will come in Romania?

Whenever Microsoft is able to get to it. It seems that they're doing a rollout of Europe as evidenced by a recent rollout, so it shouldn't be too far away.

nicfromwales

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site

Nobody knows for sure when Cortana will reach any location. It could be that Microsoft is pushing hard to make Cortana happen in less important (in marketing terms) languages, or it could be that we see a big focus on the major languages of the world first. I'm still waiting for Cortana UK to be able to understand and pronounce the names of Welsh towns and cities (when speaking English), even though Wales is in the UK. Just be prepared to wait a while.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

...I'm still waiting for Cortana UK to be able to understand and pronounce the names of Welsh towns and cities (when speaking English), even though Wales is in the UK...

There was a question about Cortana coming to Ireland I read earlier... I had that thought that Gaelic and Welsh names might cause a meltdown with recognition. Thanks for confirming it Nic.

Reminds me of this (although speaker is a Scott and the assistant is Siri):

nicfromwales

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
There was a question about Cortana coming to Ireland I read earlier... I had that thought that Gaelic and Welsh names might cause a meltdown with recognition. Thanks for confirming it Nic.

Reminds me of this (although speaker is a Scott and the assistant is Siri):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My40XgYEvLM

Just had a quick check, and she can now manage Llandudno, Caernarfon, Prestatyn and Aberystwyth quite easily, when she struggled before, so perhaps she's improved. Still can't manage many others though, including Rhuddlan (red line), Machynlleth (my hun plus), Llanelli (plan ashley) and Llanfairpwll (flan buyer push). We could always produce a map of a country according to Cortana, I suppose...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte