Why does it say "Generic 00000 SD Card" when i go to eject my Samsung Micro SD Card?

meltedmoops999

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
On my Dell Venue 8 Pro, when I go to the notification area to eject my Samsung Evo 64GB SD card, it is labeled as "Generic 00000 SD Card." I bought this card straight from Amazon and it looks legit and had 59.5GB free(not sure if that is normal either). Anyone have any information on this matter? I would like to know why it says that. Thanks for any help and/or information! :)

meltedmoops999

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
Yes, it is a class 10. I bought it directly from Amazon for $25 around Black Friday (on sale from $60). I would link you to it but I can't insert URLs because of my post count. It was from the listing with around 3,400 reviews and it had a 4.7/5 star rating. Maybe that's just how the DV8P recognizes SD Cards?

Crasstoe

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
I couldn't comment as to a fix, but if it works is the labeling an issue really or is it OCD? If you are anything like me you know it's not a problem but it eats you on the inside... I feel your pain.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It might have to do with the way the card was formatted... That's when the label gets applied. Did you format it yourself or just use it "plug and play?" It might be refurbished by the seller...

Eject the media safely. Power down and remove the card from tablet. Insert it in a card reader on your PC and copy all the contents to a file for safekeeping. Format the card and fill in the label as you want it to appear in the Format window... Replace the contents from the safekeeping folder and eject media safely from your PC. Replace in tablet and power up

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99