Why has my downloading speed on my Lumia 520 slowed down?

kakarott

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
Slow downloading speed lumia 520

While upgrading the applications and maps over a wifi from windows store I am getting very low downloading speed. Two days back the downloading speed was good.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Slow downloading speed lumia 520

Not all WiFi is created equal. If you are somewhere where the WiFi is overloaded with people using it, if you are too far away from the access point, or if it is simply attached to a slow connection, then your phone will download slowly. There are a lot of possibilities. You can try rebooting your phone to see if it is something on your end, but it is more likely that it is an issue with the particular WiFi connection. If you can, try going somewhere else with WiFi and see if it is faster there.

kakarott

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site

I tried rebooting several times, but nothing good. And I have wifi connection at my home. So there is no issue of weak signal or someone else is using too. While net surfing or downloading videos from YouTube the speed is great. Problem is with downloading from windows store only.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Don't forget that downloads are controlled server side. They have algorithms in place to adjust download requests based on how much traffic they are getting. If other servers are offline (maintenance, back up, other causes) and one server sees more traffic, it will downgrade everyone's bandwidth to compensate.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's just a guess...

BTW: Maps usually take a while to download for me when compared to other things like games. I think the popularity of HERE products keeps the request levels pretty darn high.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss