What is a good inexpensive Tablet for a 15yr old?

W

WPCentral Question

Need inexpensive tablet for 15yr old ... primarily for watching movies.

I was looking at the Insignia 8" flex tablet Intel Atom 16 GB but I have seen some reviews saying that the sound is very poor quality. As I stated, I really need an inexpensive tablet for a 15 year old that wants it to primarily watch movies so the sound needs to good quality and compatible with movie playing software.

wphashan

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: Need inexpensive tablet for 15yr old ... primarily for watching movies.

I was looking at the Insignia 8" flex tablet Intel Atom 16 GB but I have seen some reviews saying that the sound is very poor quality. As I stated, I really need an inexpensive tablet for a 15 year old that wants it to primarily watch movies so the sound needs to good quality and compatible with movie playing software.

I can suggest you pipo windows tablets :)

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: Need inexpensive tablet for 15yr old ... primarily for watching movies.

Does it have to be brand new?

Inexpensive doesn't always mean poor quality, in fact you can often be surprised, but in general you do get what you pay for, so maybe consider reconditioned or good quality and pristine second-hand, in the PC world lots of people upgrade and sell off old gear cheaply.

I saw a second-hand (Or possibly stolen) Surface Pro going for ?150 in a "Cash converter" shop the other day so chances are you could find a Surface 2 (RT) for a good price if you look around.

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
If you are near a microcenter, Winbook 7 inch is amazing for $60. Sound is only fair, but headphones are way better anyhow. Play movies great with vlc player. Amazing device for the price plus Microcenter takes care of the warranty issues in store.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Check MS store. I believe that they have a couple that are being featured in the 12 days of Christmas sale. It's for the US and Canada; don't know where you are.

I would suggest that the Dell Venue 8 Pro would be a good choice also. It runs a full version of Win 8.1 and not the RT version.

Quadamatic

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
Anyway I suggest an Android device their cheap and highly versatile.most take SD cards and can read from thumb drives for extra space.Get one with micro USB not a proprietary charger there annoying and more expensive and limit device functionality some have HDMI out.Kids like what's popular Android has the biggest app store.They won't feel left also it can play nearly every video file with ease.someone mentioned an RT not for kids at all highly limited heavy not popular you can't use your friends charger.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon