I was looking at the Insignia 8" flex tablet Intel Atom 16 GB but I have seen some reviews saying that the sound is very poor quality. As I stated, I really need an inexpensive tablet for a 15 year old that wants it to primarily watch movies so the sound needs to good quality and compatible with movie playing software.
    12-10-2014 12:11 PM
    I was looking at the Insignia 8" flex tablet Intel Atom 16 GB but I have seen some reviews saying that the sound is very poor quality. As I stated, I really need an inexpensive tablet for a 15 year old that wants it to primarily watch movies so the sound needs to good quality and compatible with movie playing software.
    I can suggest you pipo windows tablets :)
    12-10-2014 12:32 PM
    Does it have to be brand new?

Inexpensive doesn't always mean poor quality, in fact you can often be surprised, but in general you do get what you pay for, so maybe consider reconditioned or good quality and pristine second-hand, in the PC world lots of people upgrade and sell off old gear cheaply.

I saw a second-hand (Or possibly stolen) Surface Pro going for 150 in a "Cash converter" shop the other day so chances are you could find a Surface 2 (RT) for a good price if you look around.
    xandros9 and LockOnTech like this.
    12-10-2014 01:43 PM
    If you are near a microcenter, Winbook 7 inch is amazing for $60. Sound is only fair, but headphones are way better anyhow. Play movies great with vlc player. Amazing device for the price plus Microcenter takes care of the warranty issues in store.
    xandros9 likes this.
    12-10-2014 02:06 PM
    Check MS store. I believe that they have a couple that are being featured in the 12 days of Christmas sale. It's for the US and Canada; don't know where you are.

I would suggest that the Dell Venue 8 Pro would be a good choice also. It runs a full version of Win 8.1 and not the RT version.
    12-10-2014 04:19 PM
    Head phones solve the sound problem do you really want to hear her blasting Justin burner
    12-11-2014 07:26 AM
    Anyway I suggest an Android device their cheap and highly versatile.most take SD cards and can read from thumb drives for extra space.Get one with micro USB not a proprietary charger there annoying and more expensive and limit device functionality some have HDMI out.Kids like what's popular Android has the biggest app store.They won't feel left also it can play nearly every video file with ease.someone mentioned an RT not for kids at all highly limited heavy not popular you can't use your friends charger.
    Last edited by a5cent; 12-11-2014 at 08:21 AM. Reason: Removed reference to non-approved post (dupe)
    12-11-2014 07:44 AM
    This one is featured today online and instore at any MS store. It's a good tablet and a really good price. Have a look.

Day 4: Save up to $130 on an ASUS Transformer Book T100TA PC
    12-11-2014 07:55 AM
    The HP Stream 7 seems to be a good option as well. Runs full Windows 8.1 as well, as far as I know.

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e?...token=pz-tUgA6
    12-12-2014 11:52 AM
    Dell venue 8 pro
    12-12-2014 12:04 PM