Will an app saved on my SD card will it update?

Force2Reckon

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
a question about saving of apps and app updating

hi everyone!
im just curious...

my phone is set to save apps on my phone's memory, but once i have downloaded an app, i will then transfer it to my SD card, and still keeping my setting to save apps on my phone whenever i download an app

now my question is this...since i have transferred a particular app to my SD card and my phone setting is STILL set to save apps on my phone, my question IS - if theres an app UPDATE and i downloaded this update from the store, where does it go or save?
since my app is already transferred in my SD card and yet my phone setting is set to save apps on my phone?

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Re: a question about saving of apps and app updating

I'm not sure but even if you have apps saved to run from the SD card, there is still a link in main memory that knows this. That being the case, updates will automatically be done from main memory down to the SD card. I may be wrong and I'm sure someone here will correct me and give you better info

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

If your app is now on the SD the update will go to the SD so no worries. I do it all the time
Or in other words it does not matter that you phone setting is internal and you replaced it to the SD.
You probably also know that some apps can not be placed on a SD and the app will "tell" you if this is the case.

Force2Reckon

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site

so the app update will AUTOMATICALLY go to where the app is located (SD card) even ive set my phone to save apps in my phone?

thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire