When is the next Lumia 625 update?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Lumia 625 update

Bought a lumia 625 from Dubai and presently i'm @ India,when i try updating to 8.1 cyan it's showing as that the device is up to date.What should I do?Any help will be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lumia 625 update

All Middle East Region 625's should be at 8.1 + Lumia Cyan. Every one is marked Available in this table. Availability in Middle East - Nokia

Purchased in Dubai does not mean made for Dubai (UAE), however.

I assume it was an unlocked phone, but was it Carrier Unlocked? If you have the box; look on the top line of the product label.... It should say CV <XX> where CV stands for Country Variant and the next two letters are the country (or Region) code if it was Factory Unlocked. It will have the Carrier and Country on that line if it was unlocked by the shop.

Looking back on the tables Region by Region (Software update for Lumia with Windows Phone 8 - Nokia) it looks like the only Lumai 625 variants without Cyan are:
  • Country Variants (Factory Unlocked) for Zambia
  • Carrier Branded O2 in Germany, Vivo in Brazil
That is a pretty short list of 625's not on Cyan yet...

If you still think your phone should have Cyan... Download the Nokia Software Recovery Tool from the link in the first post here: Mobile Community - Nokia Software Recovery Tool - Microsoft Mobile Community

Install the program on your PC and open it... It will auto-update to Lumia Software Recovery Tool 5.0.0. This auto-update is normal as part of the Microsoft transition to owning the Lumia line.

Run a back up on your phone.

Open the updated tool and attach your phone to the PC via USB cable. Use the tool to flash the phone. The SRT will only flash the latest official version to your device. You will loose all data ,but can restore the last backup during the setup process.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa