Why am I not able to manually backup my phone?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

finding it difficult to manually backup my phone

i'm getting a notification whenever i manually backup my phone. it'll be fine untill 97% but then suddenly there is problem and it shows something went wrong and try again. i checked my data setting and my wifi also everythig is just fine.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: finding it difficult to manually backup my phone

i'm getting a notification whenever i manually backup my phone. it'll be fine untill 97% but then suddenly there is problem and it shows something went wrong and try again. i checked my data setting and my wifi also everythig is just fine.

I also encountered this problem, and the solution is posted online but I can't find it right now. The solution is pretty simple. You have to delete the backups (backs up) you have created before first. Then manually create a backup - this may proceed slowly, but it should proceed to completion. In case you encounter another problem, just delete the backup again and repeat the backup process.

MartLea

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Re: finding it difficult to manually backup my phone

Lost count of the number of times this backup error/bug has been reported in just about every thread here and over on MSFT Community.
Sadly the 'fixes' suggested here and elsewhere only seem to work for some people, some times. Most of us have tried all of the suggestions and still cannot get the backup past 26% before the dreaded "There was an error...".
At every update since V8.1 I have looked for a fix for this but no such thing yet. MSFT really do need to fix this and get the basic backup functional again for everyone using 8.1.1.1.
Deleting the backups by the way is often stated as the fix but does not work for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99