Snapchat account alert email.

grantpwarren

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
So I received the email today.

I sent the Snapchat staff the following message via their link.

Let me know your feedback on the situation.

"I am highly disappointed with receiving the email regarding my account being locked for using 6snap on my Windows Phone. If a Windows Phone version was available for download, I would use it, but it is not, so do what you with my account, I don't care, but if you lock it make sure you remove me from everywhere on your server's in a 'right to be forgotten' manner.

My account shouldn't be 'at risk' due to being forced to use a third party application due to the problem from the Snapchat staff/company.

Apologies if that comes across as rude, but I put more trust in to Rudy Huyn's applications than any of the others available currently as he is a well known/respected person in the Windows Phone community.

If a Windows Phone application doesn't arrive, then surely, you will lose a lot of market share from people who like to use 'Snapchat' from this stupid ruling like 'Secret' have endeavoured."

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
re:

I do not use Snapchat as its not famous among my friends. However, its very disappointing that SnapChat is locking user accounts that use their services through a Third Party app. They should release an official app for WP and if they can't then they should let third party apps do their job.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
re:

This has been getting discussed on the forum quite a bit...

Best answer I saw was to contact Snapchat and ask them to direct you to the download of their official Windows Phone App, until they can assist with that you will have to use the 3rd party App as it was all you could find...

But me personally? I say if they don't support you, you should not support them.

​Good Luck.

cafodima

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
re:

+1, just received the email myself concerning this..and not two minutes later my daughter sent me a text saying her Snapchat account was locked..lol 😁 one unhappy Teenager

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
re:

+1, just received the email myself concerning this..and not two minutes later my daughter sent me a text saying her Snapchat account was locked..lol �� one unhappy Teenager

have her change the password and log back in.
(may want to write down her friend's usernames worst case scenario)

grantpwarren

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
re:

My message received a response.

"Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out. As you may be aware, we?re asking Snapchatters to change their password if we?ve detected them to be using third-party applications. We?ve also asked them to stop using those unauthorized applications.

If you?re wondering what a third-party application is, the answer is that it?s any app that isn?t the official Snapchat app downloaded from the Apple App Store or Google Play (keep in mind that Snapchat is not available for Windows or Blackberry devices, so if you?re accessing Snapchat with one of those devices, you?re definitely using an unauthorized third-party app). All third-party applications provide unauthorized access to our services by asking users to enter their Snapchat login information (username and password). And if you?re wondering why we?re taking this action, the answer is that using third-party applications to access Snapchat can compromise accounts and also violates our Terms of Use.

Direct links to the official iOS and Android Snapchat applications can be found at www.snapchat.com/download.

If you believe you received the notification in error, it may be because you are using an old version of Snapchat. Please make sure you have the most recent version of the app downloaded.

For more information please visit our blog: http://blog.snapchat.com/post/102413274285/update-on-third-party-apps

Best,
Team Snapchat"

Clearly automated.
Snapchat staff are completely useless.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
re:

If a Windows Phone application doesn't arrive, then surely, you will lose a lot of market share

You actually wrote that? :shocked: Don't you think they'll lose about 3% of their market share?

I've seen a lot of these threads lately about Snapchat. My thought is that a WP user has no more right to use Snapchat than a Symbian user, or a Windows Mobile user, or even a dumbphone user. If an app, or an officially sanctioned app, is not available on the platform you choose to use, then you should comply. If you want to use Snapchat, get a phone with an approved app.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
re:

How about Cyber Dust, OP? I think it was launched few days back and has the same feature as SnapChat. Now, its up to you, if you can convince your friends to download that app to conversate with you :)

grantpwarren

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
re:

Yes I know, and I sympathize with you. At the same time, by choosing WP over Android and iPhone, you are also choosing to have no access to an approved Snapchat app. The choice is yours, the same as if you'd choose to carry a feature phone.

Bit will they adjust their views when Windows 10 hits? Being a unified OS and all.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Boycott. Get others to do so as well. Find an alternate and invite your Android and iOS using friends over there.

Except one does not simply do that, they're the incumbent. Best you could hope for is maybe one significant other or friend to use another app in addition to Snapchat for literally everyone else. Inertia's a b.

See: Google+

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I avoid them all like the plague...

BTW I am personally outraged about Congress Persons holding a National Debate about the Budget on Twitter.

I don't pay them for that.

​Idiots.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos