I'm looking for an app that can program in languages like C# or Java, for example. I am sorely disappointed that iOS and Android have tens of apps for programming (i.e. Codeanywhere), but Windows Phone has none (except for 'TouchDevelop', which appears to crash/use a strange language that's just a building block to help absolute beginners get started).

I tried searching for some, but all I got was a bunch of results saying how to code for Windows Phone.
    12-13-2014 07:26 PM
    Can you recommend a good beginner's programming book for C#? I've looked online and in book stores, but reviews and prices vary a lot. Thanks.
    Actually something even better, you just need a Microsoft account and off you go ;) It's like being in a classroom (minus the asking the teacher thing :P) As long as you know your linear algebra you'll be fine with this course :)

C# Fundamentals for Beginners | Microsoft Virtual Academy
    Unfortunately they're none that I know of, but let's be honest here. Why would you want to program on your phone? If you want to program efficiently you're better off with a large screen laptop or a desktop. I know I can't program without two monitors (or perhaps an Ultrawide monitor, it's in my wishlist right now :P)
    Scienceguy Labs likes this.
    12-13-2014 07:33 PM
    Unfortunately they're none that I know of, but let's be honest here. Why would you want to program on your phone? If you want to program efficiently you're better off with a large screen laptop or a desktop. I know I can't program without two monitors (or perhaps an Ultrawide monitor, it's in my wishlist right now :P)
    Can you recommend a good beginner's programming book for C#? I've looked online and in book stores, but reviews and prices vary a lot. Thanks.
    12-13-2014 07:40 PM
    Actually something even better, you just need a Microsoft account and off you go ;) It's like being in a classroom (minus the asking the teacher thing :P) As long as you know your linear algebra you'll be fine with this course :)

Scienceguy Labs and Ed Boland like this.
    12-13-2014 07:53 PM

That is exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks! 😊
    Ed Boland and prasath1234 like this.
    12-13-2014 08:18 PM
    No problem :) You'll learn just about anything in Microsoft Virtual Academy, after you're done that the same author offers a quick start to Windows Phone 8 programming (you have to learn C# fundamentals first.)
    12-13-2014 08:22 PM
    Also check out Channel 9. Bob Tabor has a bunch of video lessons there as well. They also have an app to keep up with all the new videos and news from the site.

http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=...0-9b7715b65e8f
    12-13-2014 08:29 PM
    Thank you ShinraCorp and Ed Boland. People like you two help make this forum a great place. Have a great evening or morning or day depending on where you are. :)
    Ed Boland likes this.
    12-13-2014 08:52 PM