I get SD Card Errors, how to replace corrupted SD Card with newer one ?

gurhancagin

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
i have 32Gb SD card in my Lumia 625, and install all Applications there.
now a days i am getting error info, and phone asks me to scan and fix the sd card.
i said yes, but then it says couldn't able to fix.

I am thinking to change the SD card with faster and better one.

But i just wonder, how can i move the app to new card ?
if i insert new card, will all be installed directly ?
what happens to app data then ?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
There are a few things you can do.
1 Get your SD card out your phone and put it in your card reader from your PC. (Card reader from your PC must support the small SD or place it in a bigger case). The PC will also "see" the error and the PC is better in repairing the error. If that is the case you are lucky and place the SD card back in your phone.
2 Before you get your card out the phone move all apps from SD to internal memory. (probably you have not enough place for your pictures on the internal memory but for apps there should be enough place.
3 If your sd card is in your PC copy music, pictures., video on your PC
4 If your PC can not repair the error but you can copy all the pictuter etc to your PC format your sd card. This should repair/solve the problem on your sd card but all data will be lost.
If error still can not be repaired buy a new sd card.
Copy back your pictured on the SD card and move your apps back on the SD after you place it in your phone.

Hope you can use above advice and let me know what happens.

gurhancagin

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
i put the card in win8.1, first it try to fix card in gui, stucked.
I try once more from cmd, and run chkdsk, it run pretty fast and find no issue.
now i try with comand chkdsk /f /v
its checking all files, really took long time, still awaiting.

if you backup WPSystem folder, and recopy to new SD Card, will it work ?
Once i put some another sd card and phone complain that ownership of this card doesn't belong to him.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I never tried to backup the system folder so I do not know if this works. Maybe there are some kind of hidden files you miss. But if you have for apps on internal memory and the folders with pictures on your PC than you do not need this wpsystem files.

gurhancagin

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
As 625 has small internal memory, o choose to install everythink on SD Card.
this is very good option, but there should be away to replace sd card.

like in a case, i bought 16Gb, and decided to go for 32Gb.

then there should be may be some tool on PC to clone this to new card.

daemron

Banned
Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
There are a few things you can do.
1 Get your SD card out your phone and put it in your card reader from your PC. (Card reader from your PC must support the small SD or place it in a bigger case). The PC will also "see" the error and the PC is better in repairing the error. If that is the case you are lucky and place the SD card back in your phone.
2 Before you get your card out the phone move all apps from SD to internal memory. (probably you have not enough place for your pictures on the internal memory but for apps there should be enough place.
3 If your sd card is in your PC copy music, pictures., video on your PC
4 If your PC can not repair the error but you can copy all the pictuter etc to your PC format your sd card. This should repair/solve the problem on your sd card but all data will be lost.
If error still can not be repaired buy a new sd card.
Copy back your pictured on the SD card and move your apps back on the SD after you place it in your phone.

Hope you can use above advice and let me know what happens.

This tip got my 32gb SanDisk Class10 UHS card working nice and snappy. No more corrupt messages from phone.

Akash Rajgure

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
I have two sd cards. 8 and 32 gb sdhc cards.8gb has no problems but 32gb sdhc gets currupted every time, dont no the reason.I am also findind to solve this problem anybody has similar issue.. plz help..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss