Experience with Nokia/Microsoft UK repairs?

LondonLumia

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, wondering if you could help.

I'm in the UK, and looking to send off a Lumia 1020 to Microsoft to repair an issue with the camera.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the UK repairs service, preferably since Microsoft took over Nokia's services, and if they could answer any of these few questions for me?;

- How long, since sending off the phone, did it take before it was returned?
- Was your phone repaired or replaced? (I'm looking for a repair, would like to keep the original for sentimental reasons)
- Are the phones definitely reset as part of their repair processes?
- How does the phone get sent (ie special envelope, my own envelope, collection)
- If the phone is under warranty, and the fault deemed irreparable, will I be asked whether I wish to receive a new device, or leave as is? (I've heard refurbished replacements can sometime come back in a worse condition cosmetically than the phone sent in)

Thank you for any help!

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I sent in my Nokia 920 a while ago. Here was my experience.

- It took about 5 working days to get it back.
- My phone was repaired.
- The phone was reset.
- You sent the phone off (I'd recommend in the box and then padding it well). It's sent back in typical carrier packaging like you'd expect.
- Honestly it's worth asking about this - I think they'd just send you a refurbished model straight back.

LondonLumia

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Thank you very much for the reply, I feel a bit better knowing another person's experience - naturally, reading a few bad stories has left me a little uncertain over what is right to do.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720