Can someone help me play music from my WP in my car?

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, please can someone help.
I am trying to play music from my Lumia 930 through my Car stereo.
I have a Hyundai i30 (60 reg), which has Ipod connections.
If the cable is removed it reveals an audio jack and a usb port.
I have tried connecting an auxillary cable from my phone to the audio, however the playback is very poor. The wife can play music through the lightning cable with her iphone 6s (and previous iphone 5) with no problems.
Has anyone managed to successfully do this or is it not possible?
Thanks.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: Playing music from my WP in my car

Unless it specifies WP on your deck you can't use the USB cable.

I'm not sure what issues you're having with AUX as I use it all the time on my stereo with no issues. Usually volume needs to be raised on the phone to maximum and then adjusted on the stereo for best playback performance.

No Bluetooth?

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site

Can I ask how many rings are on your aux cable? There are 2 on mine, maybe the 3 ringed cable is needed (for mic).
No Bluetooth, perhaps a USB Bluetooth dongle would work in the USB port?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Can I ask how many rings are on your aux cable? There are 2 on mine, maybe the 3 ringed cable is needed (for mic).
No Bluetooth, perhaps a USB Bluetooth dongle would work in the USB port?

I'd have to look at the cable as I don't know off hand but I'd say it's probably just a standard cable with two (stereo). No mic. Usually it's a volume issue with my stereo. I've found that I have to crank the phone up and the stereo to get best performance. You can also adjust the equalizer with the Aux plugged in.

I don't think you can put a Bluetooth dongle in the USB port of your stereo. It's not the same as a computer. There probably no ability to drive the dongle.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Try adjusting the equalizer. That may have something to do with it. If you use headphones it shouldn't be much different unless the car stereo has some issue with Aux.

Is your cable good?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I have tried 2 new cables (One ordered off eBay and the 2nd came with a Monitor).
The equaliser, do you mean on the phone or on the stereo?

Both. The phone equalizer comes into play when you plug a cord into the headphone jack. You should use the default equalizer on the phone to keep it neutral and adjust the stereo to suit your music taste.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

How high is the volume on your phone? When I plug my phone into an audio device to play music, I make sure the volume is nearly at the top, usually around 25 or so.

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site

Sounds good actually, I can't see a review of someone with a WP but Android users apparently can. Tried aux with volume up high but it plays songs as if they are instrumentals.

j o e l

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site

Maybe not likely but is it possible that it is playing mono? Maybe due to cable connection issues or maybe your stereo L/R speaker balance is out. Have you tried using headphones to confirm phone is ok?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss