Can someone help me play music from my WP in my car?

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, please can someone help.
I am trying to play music from my Lumia 930 through my Car stereo.
I have a Hyundai i30 (60 reg), which has Ipod connections.
If the cable is removed it reveals an audio jack and a usb port.
I have tried connecting an auxillary cable from my phone to the audio, however the playback is very poor. The wife can play music through the lightning cable with her iphone 6s (and previous iphone 5) with no problems.
Has anyone managed to successfully do this or is it not possible?
Thanks.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: Playing music from my WP in my car

UK, Wales

I went looking for some information. As I do. Going by what I found it would appear you Aux input port isn't working right. Maybe go get it looked at?

Before you do, have you tried the iPhone/iPod through the Aux input only (not the iPhone adapter) to see if it has good sound?

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

Dunno know if this helps also, but my niece has a '12 reg Veloster and she had many problems with the USB/Aux ports which it turns out were defective.
Now, having been repaired, it connects seamlessly via Bluetooth with my L920.
Have you taken it to a Hyundai dealer near you to get it checked out yet?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The iphone adapter cable plugs into the usb and aux port.
XCSOURCE HYUNDAI i10 i20 i30 i40 AUX IN Interface Adapter Cable For Ipod Iphone 3 4 MA16: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories
I seem to remember trying the iPhone with just the aux cable and it plays the same as my WP, probably need to recheck that though.
The sockets are shown in this link.
Aux USB Adapter Cable for iPod iPhone to Hyundai i20 I30 I30CW I40 I45 i800 IX35 | eBay

Yes I know. I investigated the whole thing. There's a video on YouTube showing how it all works. If your wife's iPhone acts the same as your WP when it's just Aux input then there's an issue somewhere. Either with the stereo itself or something else.

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site

Dunno know if this helps also, but my niece has a '12 reg Veloster and she had many problems with the USB/Aux ports which it turns out were defective.
The thing is it works fine with an iPhone using the adapter cable. The only thing I have noticed is on the aux part of the adapter cable it has 3 rings (for mic). Perhaps this is the problem?

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site

Is the Bluetooth part of the stereo or are you using some type of dongle?
There is no Bluetooth built in to my stereo.

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

My niece's Veloster has Bluetooth. I use it to connect and play. I can try cabled, but don't know when I'll meet up with her next.
On my Scenic, I can connect an iPod via USB only and my L920 will only work via Btooth. When you connect via micro usb, It plays normal for a while until it gets rejected by the car.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon