I dropped my windows phone, nothing seems broken but my screen is blank, can that be fixed?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I dropped my windows phone, nothing seems broken but my screen is blank, can that be fixed

I opened it nothing inside appears broken

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: I dropped my windows phone, nothing seems broken but my screen is blank, can that be fixed

Obviously something is broken.

You're not going to able to tell anything is broken or not by just looking at it physically.
I had an HD2 in seemingly perfect condition. Processor had some problems no visual inspection would show.
Dead LCD? Well, its not obvious just by looking.

I would line up a replacement screen, but make sure all the connections are secure.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: I dropped my windows phone, nothing seems broken but my screen is blank, can that be fixed

If you push and hold the power button, does the phone vibrate or give any other indication that it might be booting up? I haven't repaired any Windows Phones, but I have replaced the screens on a few Samsung Galaxies. I found that if it vibrates and maybe the capacitive buttons light up but the screen stays black when you push the power button, the screen is bad. If nothing happens when you push the power button, there is probably something wrong besides the screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss