Can I get some help setting up my email?

upsidedown

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Complex email setup questions

I am trying to consolidate my email services across my devices. Here is my setup:

Device A - Desktop PC with Windows 7
Device B - Nokia 2520 Windows RT 8.1
Device C - Nokia 928 with DP 8.1

I use my primary Microsoft account for calendar and people. For email, I have three different Yahoo accounts used for different purposes (i.e., shopping, personal, and junk).

What I want is to be able to use:

A single desktop client on my PC, probably Outlook 2013
A central web site for all services when traveling
Access to all services on my phone with a separate tile for each email.
Emails in sync when deleted across any device/access method
Email 'reply' address based on alias / account where it is sent from.

So far, I have set up folders and alias's in my Microsoft account for each of my three Yahoo addresses. I have then forwarded emails from each Yahoo account and set up rules on Outlook.com so sort to the correct folder.

This works well on Outlook.com, and works with the mail app on the tablet as I can change the send from address when typing an email.

However on Windows phone, while I am able to set up a live tile for each folder, the send from address defaults to primary outlook.com address and there is no option to change it. I can switch the default address, but it would still not be differentiated for each folder.

So.... How can I create three live tiles each with it's own unique send from address.

I know I can create a live tile for the yahoo service, but then I lose ability to view all emails through 1 website as I would be split between Outlook.com and Yahoo.

Thanks

upsidedown

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
I'd imagine you rarely reply to junk or shopping mails?
I'd rearchitect it. Ditch the requirement for a separate tile for each account. Ditch the Yahoo accounts.

I hear what you are saying. If I 'assume' I don't reply to my junk emails or my shopping emails I can either ditch or keep the Live Tile but any changes on any device does stay in sync. The issue is only when sending mail from an alternative email inbox when using the phone.

I can make it work on all other devices they way I want.

upsidedown

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Re: Complex email setup questions

Add 3 yahoo accounts on your phone. So you get 3 tiles. Use the ms account to read all 3.

That is what I have now, but by using the Yahoo Live Tiles I would have to use both the Yahoo Web site, and the outlook web site to see the complete picture. If I delete an email on the Yahoo Tile, it will not delete on the forwarded emails to Outlook.com so I lose the ability to sync across devices and usage patterns (web, outlook 2013, outlook.com, windows phone mail, etc).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss