Question about unlocked devices

Daniel Olsen

May 3, 2013
Visit site
So it's my understanding that firmware updates must go through a carrier. Since unlocked phones are not connected to any one carrier then how do their firmware updates work? I'm wondering because I have an unlocked 930..

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Updates come directly from Microsoft with no interference since there's no carrier to interfere in the first place. (unlocked phones aren't affiliated with any carrier)

Lucky you!

darkest.white

May 12, 2013
Visit site
So it's my understanding that firmware updates must go through a carrier. Since unlocked phones are not connected to any one carrier then how do their firmware updates work? I'm wondering because I have an unlocked 930..

Basically each phone will have its own region, I forget the exact name at the moment, but if you look in Extras and Info you'll see a region code. My region code is 000-22. That is the code for Latin America. So as soon as the update for the 1520 (my unlocked phone) is available. I will get it :) same with you!

darkest.white

May 12, 2013
Visit site

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Same one as me so... Southwest Missouri. :winktongue:

LTA is a region code for LaTin America. They are generally credited as Mexican in source for sale in the US on web sites.

All Latin America individual Country Variant models on the regional charts should update as a group. I believe Nokia Mexico was the exporter of record for most all the 1520.3 distribution across Central and South America as well as the Caribbean.

A Bing search will show some import records for 1520.3 LTA.

Interestingly, the Nokia Mexico web site does not show 1520.3 any longer. Todos los equipos: Smartphones y Tablets - Microsoft - M?xico

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel